homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » What would be your "bullet" in iPod Shuffle Roulette? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What would be your "bullet" in iPod Shuffle Roulette?
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 04:04      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I'm bulletproof!

( ="I have NO taste" )

( ="Cheesy choons? Bring 'em on! )

;-)

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 06:30      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
You'd know I'd been "hit" when I suddenly start yelling "'Were'! 'WERE'!!! It's the subjunctive, you moron!"

I think I love you. [hearts]

On that same note, Bryan Adams has a song that induces a similar reaction in me. The lyrics are something like, "... but that would change if she ever found out about you and I." [Mad] It's about you and me! You have to use the object pronoun after a preposition!

Granted, it would cease to rhyme with whatever the previous line was, if he cleaned up the grammar. But it's not that hard to find a rhyme for "me".

Oh, and in case you didn't realize it already, anything by Bryan Adams would count as a bullet for me.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 07:16      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
On that same note, Bryan Adams has a song that induces a similar reaction in me. The lyrics are something like, "... but that would change if she ever found out about you and I."
Mr Adams I do believe. The song is called "run to you". (Just so you can avoid it)
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 18:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betcha never heard Lee Marvin's rendition of "I was born under a wand'rin' star" . It'll curl the little hairs in yer nose and elsewhere *then* it'll curdle yer brain. [Eek!]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 18:16      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey GG I LIKE that Lee Marvin growling thing

Then again I like Shatner's latest - his version of Pulp's "Common People"

which you can alledgedly hear here http://www.nme.com/features/110018.htm

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 18:25      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry,

That link appears to be a Windows only clickthrough,

Paste

mms://wm.sony-local.global.speedera.net.staging.speedera.net/wm.sony-local.global/w/william_shatner/common_people_med.wma

into your browser...

Oh yeah, Windows Media Player required too (available free from MS site if you don't have it...)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 2 posted January 29, 2005 20:21      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Mariah Carey... or Drew Carey.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 20:28      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:

Then again I like Shatner's latest - his version of Pulp's "Common People"

I love that, but I've been enamoured with Joe Jackson since "Beat Crazy". Ben Folds ain't nothing to sneeze at either. [thumbsup]

My bullet would be anything by Madonna. *shudders*

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 21:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Britney, or the folks she hangs out with.

Check out this slamming group, though. That might hit the spot. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 21:28      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Check out this slamming group, though. That might hit the spot. [Smile]

Ha!
Rob's one of the brainchilds (should that be brain children?) behind B3ta.com and he's always willing to whore himself for a spoof [Big Grin]

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 23:41      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More:

The Greatful Dead
The Allman Brothers
Rush
John Mellonhead

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 02:37      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Check out this slamming group, though. That might hit the spot.
There was a sort of dance album created by the sisters (or was it an Eldritch solo project). It had all the drums removed from the final mix and was designed to be so hard to listen to that they would be released from their record contract. Apparantly it is fairly easy to get hold of on these new fangled P2P thingys.

I'm a bit of a sisters of mercy fan myself.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willhh1
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3408

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted January 30, 2005 11:49      Profile for Willhh1         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have plenty of songs that drive me nuts, but sharing earbuds... YUCK!
Posts: 12 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
codazzo
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3047

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 12:33      Profile for codazzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marilyn manson?
anastacia... I can't stand her.. really, I can't stand hearing her voice... I think she has success because she makes people think "wow, with a voice like /that/ she made it to the radio? i could be a pop star too!"
and.. uh.. christina aguilera. but who can stand her anyway?
.°)

Posts: 36 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 21:57      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bullet would definitely be "3 am" by Matchbox 20. The lead singer has a really annoying voice in the first place, but something about that song just strikes me as being particularly bad.

That and REO Speedwagon...ugh.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 01:47      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by codazzo:
marilyn manson?
anastacia... I can't stand her.. really, I can't stand hearing her voice... I think she has success because she makes people think "wow, with a voice like /that/ she made it to the radio? i could be a pop star too!"

Your choice, I actually like her and have no problems with the way her voice sounds.

My bullet would be definitely be:
Techno music

This is about the only musical genre I am unable to listen to at any time for more than 10 seconds.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 02:18      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
There was a sort of dance album created by the sisters (or was it an Eldritch solo project). It had all the drums removed from the final mix and was designed to be so hard to listen to that they would be released from their record contract. Apparantly it is fairly easy to get hold of on these new fangled P2P thingys.

yeah, I seem to remember him mentioning something like that when I went to see them a couple of years ago, I think it was a sisters project but only Eldritch really did any work on it.

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 09:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you're all starting to upset me. [Wink]

Rush is AWESOME. Geddy Lee rules.
Marilyn Manson is great!
Matchbox 20 is quite good.
Techno music is perfect for listening to whilst coding.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
codazzo
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3047

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 09:39      Profile for codazzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you guys see?
I think we all learned a lesson from this thread: it doesn't really matter what music you're into... as long as we're all-the same-religion
hehe [crazy]
That was a quote from family guy (lucky you who get to see the new series in the U.S.. i'll have to download it off the net)

Posts: 36 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 12:28      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:

I haven't heard anything about that, but Andrew Eldritch is pretty infamous for releasing a hastily produced album under the name of "the Sisterhood" just to prevent his former bandmates from using the name. Spiteful bugger.

As for my bullet, it's got to be Living Colour's "Cult of Personality". I loath that song, and, despite being old, it still gets constant airplay. WTF? Can't they play the good old stuff sometime?

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 20:09      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evelyn, a modified dog.

Lyrics: Evelyn, a modified dog...

This song really is horrible. [devil wand]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 01, 2005 09:14      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bullet would be, "Let the Eagle Soar" by that politician guy in the states, John Ashcroft. I had it in my head, along with my migraine the other day. And... it's really wrecked seeing eagles flying around here. [cry baby]
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2005 11:01      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America hater [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2005 12:04      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, Nitro, you reminded me of that crappy Lee Greenwood song about being "Proud to be an American". That song is so stupid it makes me sick. (What's Lee Greenwood singing about being proud to be an American anyway? He's Canadian isn't he? [Confused] )

Another one is that stupid "Wind Beneath My Wings" song. [Mad]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2005 12:40      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everytime I hear a Celine "ferrit face" Dion song, I have the urge to blow my brains out.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture