homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » Twelve Days of X-Mas contest! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Twelve Days of X-Mas contest!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 30, 2004 22:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac and I are having a contest... yay!

You can read all about it here:
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joystuff/12daysofxmas.html

The contest works like this: we seek new lyrics to that old standard... The Twelve Days of Christmas. Only we're looking for new ones that reflect the techie toys you really want! [Razz]

Prizes include great books from No Starch Press, including The Cult of Mac and Apple Confidential 2.0, our awesome beanies and caps, and our ever lov'in JoT book! You can post your entries here, or email them to me at the address listed on the contest page.

Contest begins now, and ends Sunday December 12th at 11:59 PM Eastern time. Winners will be announced Monday December 13th, just in time for the Twelve Days of XMas! OK, get creative and have fun!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 22:43      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nine ladies laptop dancing
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2004 00:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

A 30 inch cinema display

*That would be sweet……I’d have to surf nude to minimize the tanlines!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me

2 strips of RAM

*Can never get enough. No cheaper way to squeeze extra life out of a computer. What idiot ever said “640K [of memory] ought to be enough for anybody”?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me

3 's a Prime number

*Maths are cool, Maths is cool…..I dunno how to say it. [crazy]

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

4 Office windows

*Damn, I hate this windowless cube, and I'm not refering to my OS.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

5 Token rings

*Ok, now I’m dating myself MAU MAU MAU

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

6 Stars on GC

*I’m striving for quantity posts over quality posts, I don’t deserve 3 stars. In the words of inspirational speaker Stuart Smalley... “I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!”

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

7 ipod Minis

*One for each day of the week! Socks not included.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

8 Mega Pixels

*Man I need a digital camera with big ass optical zoom

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

9 Propeller beanies

*Just because they are so damn cool. Do they come in XXL for my ginormous melon?

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

10 Gig downloads

*One day it will happen, right?

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

11 's 3 in binary.

*There are 10 types of people in this world: those who know binary, and those who don't

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

12 cans of Bawls

*I’m up all night….entering this contest [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2004 06:52      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent mine to the e-mail address they provided. I got to waste my whole morning at work doing something that looks like work.

Thanks again for creating the contest you guy's [Big Grin]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 01, 2004 21:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've had some great entries just in the first day... wow! [Big Grin]

Looks like people are being very "creative" at work. [Wink]

Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted December 01, 2004 22:45      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a brand new AY2K comic [Big Grin] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [Geek]

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2004 00:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<sings>
On the 12th day of down-time, my sys-op gave to me ...

12 drives a humming
11 iPods playing
10 watches beeping
9 flat-screens blinking
8 T-shirts glowing
7 propellors spinning
6 geeks a playing
5 T-T-Bs !
4 passwords
3 laser pens
2 cyber gloves
and a cartridge for my H.P. !

</sings>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2004 06:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frost:
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a brand new AY2K comic [Big Grin] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [Geek]

[thumbsup] Thats what I want too [thumbsup]

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2004 18:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh!! Why do you guys have to be so creative?! Now I don't stand a chance 'cause I read your stuff and can't come up with anything more brilliant than y'all already did! :pout:

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2004 08:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 thinkgeek t-shirts
11 athlon servers
10 Gb bandwidth
9 Apple G5s
8 raid arrays
7 digital cameras
6 pretty ibooks
5 GEEKCULTURE CAPS
4 hot geek girls
3 lcd panels
2 ipods playing
and a world free of SCO's F-U-D!

*bows*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2004 08:59      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And this one is just for fun, because it's not 12 geek toys I want for christmas.

On the 1st day of posting, the GC showed to me:
Spungo humping more sheep!
On the second day of posting, the GC showed to me:
bull3t threatening others
On the third day of posting, the GC showed to me:
macgeniuses nonsense
On the fourth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
macd's love for caffeeine
On the fifth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
W-W-C-V-D!
On the sixth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
ct's crappy mechanic
On the seventh day of posting, the GC showed to me:
aditu's new baby!
on the eighth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
shroom's messed up knee
on the ninth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
xanthine's mountain climbing
on the tenth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
tfd's blatant plugging
on the eleventh day of posting, the GC showed to me:
dman's hatred for smoking
on the twelfth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
angryjungman's getting married!

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 03, 2004 17:20      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the twelfth day of X-mas my Benevolent Dictators gave to me*:

12 Tins of Penguins
11 Cable Modems
10 Laser Pointers
9 CD Burners
8 Forum Topics
7 Laser Printers
6 Dual Processors**
5 Gigs of Ram
4 PowerBooks
3 PDAs
2 Tux T-Shirts
and a Beowulf Cluster of Macs

*( Pleeeeaaaase. Ya know ya wanna )
**( pronounced dule-Proc-ESS-ors to fit the tune ; )

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 04, 2004 13:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! These entries are great...

drunkennewfiemidget: lmao over your 12 Days of Posting. :-)

In other related news, we just received our copy of Leander Kahney's Cult of Mac book... wow it is GORGEOUS and what a fun read. If you're a Mac geek or know one, I highly recommend picking up a copy, or winning one in this contest! [Big Grin]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2004 17:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dnf: Great lists - and I'm somehow touched that I made the cut [Wink] . However, I think I like TFD's list just a tad more -- after all, his has 5 T-T-Bs to your 4 Hot geek girls. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2004 17:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
dnf: Great lists - and I'm somehow touched that I made the cut [Wink] . However, I think I like TFD's list just a tad more -- after all, his has 5 T-T-Bs to your 4 Hot geek girls. [Razz]

But I have 9 G5s!

Surely that can give you enough pron to make up for the 1 extra TTB.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2004 21:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

But I have 9 G5s!

Umm...sorry man, but I actually have 15 G5s...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2004 02:53      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! Humbug!
/Scrooge mode

I was thinking of converting to paganism, but where the hell can you find sacrificial virgins these days?
:-p

Season's greetings, GC folks...

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2004 06:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

But I have 9 G5s!

Umm...sorry man, but I actually have 15 G5s...
[Eek!]
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2004 06:32      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by: drunkennewfiemidget
quote:
On the fourth day of posting, the GC showed to me:
macd's love for caffeeine

And right now I need more

And about the TTB's You would need more then 9 or even 15 G5's to add up to one. (My favorite by the way is Fawn. I have a thing for redheads) [evil]

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2004 20:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last chance to enter! Contest ends Sunday December 12th at 11:59 PM Eastern time!

The kind folks at Griffin have added two of those neat iBeams to the prize list, so there's lots of goodies to give out!

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2004 20:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will I get extra points for singing it again. [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 09, 2004 22:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PB, we're counting on it! [Big Grin]
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2004 22:57      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote mine naked, with beer.....do I get bonus points? Do I? Huh? Do I? [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacGenius
Alpha Geek
Member # 1333

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 06:19      Profile for MacGenius   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And this one is just for fun, because it's not 12 geek toys I want for christmas.
On the third day of posting, the GC showed to me:
macgeniuses nonsense

Gotta love free publicity. [Razz]
Posts: 264 | From: Mars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 14, 2004 09:03      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winners are now announced! They are Stephen Montagna, Joshua Pechter, and Jeff Marlow! Additional winners are Carson Hele, rueyeet, Brian Shumate, and Scott Klienberg! I'm in the process of contacting everyone now, so they can pick their prizes.

We had a heck of a time judging this one... there were just so many good entries. Thanks everyone for sending them in. [Smile]

I have to admit though, we thought at least one person would send in an audio version, alas, not even PB did that. [weep]

And yes, both Nitro and I are suffering from mental trauma due to "The Twelve Days of Christmas" playing in our heads for the past week. [crazy]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture