homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » I heard from The Maker today...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I heard from The Maker today...
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 14, 2004 09:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard from Susan Kare today, she thought our comic with the icon garden was hilarious. [Happytears]

Susan Kare is a legend in my books, and millions of you out there in computer land encounter her art every day. Lots of good stuff over at Folklore.org.

Be sure to check out her site Susan Kare.

Moof!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 10:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still miss Clarus! [cry baby]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 14, 2004 10:54      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, Snaggy! That Folklore.org link just stole about an hour of my life, and I'll have to go back for more later... [crazy]

Thanks! [Big Grin]

And congrats for that great feedback, and "Hurray!" for Susan Kare. Great work indeed she did with the Macintosh team! (OK, time to put my mind back into working-state...)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 17:44      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
Geez, Snaggy! That Folklore.org link just stole about an hour of my life, and I'll have to go back for more later... [crazy]

More like 2 hours [Wink]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2004 18:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!! That is really cool stuff - deep man...

I have a newfound respect for Mac technologies, I think (not that I can't mock closer to present day stuff [Wink] ). The thing about the "Swedish campground finally answers my ire about the icon and key name... why am I not surprised that the "great Steve" is behind it?

Thanks again, Snaggy (and Susan, if you should read this) [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 08:32      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've designed my share of icons over the past few years, and have considered Susan's original Mac icons an example of the clarity and simplicity I should strive for.

That's so cool that Susan liked the JoT comic!

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 17:42      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right Flips (and the Snagster), Susan Kare is a legend. Major kudos to JOT.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture