homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » iTunes Affiliate FRENZY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iTunes Affiliate FRENZY
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 03, 2004 08:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac and I are are now iTunes Affiliates, so if you are a customer of the iTunes Music Store, you can now help support the JoT while shopping for tunes. As an Affiliate we can earn a 5% commission on all *qualifying revenue*.

Here is the link...

iTunes: The world's best digital jukebox, with the #1 music download store inside.

now, if only LimeWire had an affiliate program. [Wink]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 03, 2004 10:00      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good for Nitro an Snaggy... [Smile] . But what about us Cannucks! [thumbsdown] We should have gotten the Music Store when Europe did. I still can't and most of us Cannucks still cant acess the iTMS for purchases. [Mad]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 10:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CANUCK ......say it with me C-A-N-U-C-K [Roll Eyes]

Oh, mucho congrats S and N [thumbsup]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 03, 2004 11:16      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the placement of the affiliate link right below the JoT, I think it would be cool if you would link to a song that was relevant to that particular comic. It might entice people to click through and buy (at least, it would probably work on me).

For example, for the current comic you could link to "Rejected" by Chandelle.

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 11:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool idea Flippy!

The iTunes program is still a little limited, and you can't yet link directly to an artist or song. (see my first impressions about the program here....
http://www.macsrock.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=231 )

but apparently this will be possible soon. [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 04, 2004 01:10      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could of course, do a JoT Playlist and link to that though ? [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
streicher
Newbie Larva
Member # 2720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2004 22:51      Profile for streicher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder if buying through gift certificates through your link would work- considering that your really not bringing anyone to the store that wouldnt go anyway by doing that. that could be what they mean by qualified purchases. also, can you buy songs through your own link effectively giving yourself a discount?

-streicher

Posts: 5 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture