homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » The Joy of Tech   » WE GOT OUR JOT! (books that is)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WE GOT OUR JOT! (books that is)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 20, 2003 10:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, all our JoT books are belong to us!

-

So we are busy geeks.... signing, packing, and a shipping! [Eek!]

Thanks to everyone who has been so amazingly patient... we're Express Post'n most of these, (edit: well, some of them anyway... Express Post on all will not be possible. [Frown] ) so hopefully everybody will get theirs within 2003 or close to New Years.

[Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 10:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, I always figured Simon was more of an AY2K fan, what with the guest appearances and all. [Wink]

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 14:17      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Thanks to everyone who has been so amazingly patient... we're Express Post'n most of these, so hopefully everybody will get theirs within 2003 or close to New Years.

You're posting them during Xmas week, and think there's a chance of them arriving his side of January?

Ah, the boundless optimism of youth!

/me will start checking the letter-box sometime in February. *sigh*

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2003 14:43      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woo hoo my hannukah was just brightened by the JOT book!
great job on it Snaggy and Nitrozac! [thumbsup]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2003 14:51      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!

[Big Grin]

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 16:31      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine arrived today. Apparently mail service to Ohio is a bit delayed at the moment....

The books are absolutely beautiful. [Smile]

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 31, 2003 22:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks folks, great to hear books are arriving safely.

We have shipped most of the pre-orders now, but still have quite a few to ship ... aiming to have everything on their way in the next few days... even The Famous Druid's book. [Smile]

[tired]

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 04:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We have shipped most of the pre-orders now, but still have quite a few to ship ... aiming to have everything on their way in the next few days... even The Famous Druid's book. [Smile]

Thanks, but I'm still not holding my breath.

Few people outside Australia would believe how incredibly slow international mail to this country can be, I've had an air-mail postcard from New Zealand take 4 1/2 weeks.

Tell you what, let's try a little experiment.
You post a message the day it ships, and we'll run a pool to see who guesses the delivery date. I'll even offer some almost worthless prize.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 06:45      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Thanks, but I'm still not holding my breath.

Few people outside Australia would believe how incredibly slow international mail to this country can be, I've had an air-mail postcard from New Zealand take 4 1/2 weeks.

Tell you what, let's try a little experiment.
You post a message the day it ships, and we'll run a pool to see who guesses the delivery date. I'll even offer some almost worthless prize.

And then I'll hold a pool to see how long it will take for the prize to arrive. I'll offer a small worthless prize too.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 01, 2004 08:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me books flight to .au, so he can hand deliver book, in order to see worthless prize! [Big Grin]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2004 12:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
/me books flight to .au, so he can hand deliver book, in order to see worthless prize! [Big Grin]

I'll choose the worthless prize to suit the recipient.
For you, Snaggy, it may well be a jar of fake aussie maple-syrup.
[Wink]

--------------------

Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 02:53      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got back to the office today and my JOT book was waiting! (runs round like Fozzie Bear) Yayyyy!!!

Magnificent Valour guys!

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
dadaist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 16:13      Profile for dadaist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Book received today (3 January 2004) - ship date listed as 29 December 2003 by the Canada Post postmark, so that's not bad at all with New Year's mixed up in there. And I noticed someone's gone back to custom wrapping them - between that and the autographs you guys must be tired.
Posts: 32 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 14 posted January 09, 2004 13:23      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Books here. Great job guys!
Posts: 154 | From: nude hampster | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brother_Maya
Geek Larva
Member # 2282

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 18:46      Profile for Brother_Maya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received mine a day ago and finally got around to reading it tonight.

Loads of laughs and I eagerly await a sequeal. [Smile]

Posts: 26 | From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 21:52      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stormy: You only post once a year now??? [ohwell]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 14:18      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Stormy: You only post once a year now??? [ohwell]

Yup. Only 856 more years to SuperBlabberMouth [Wink]
Posts: 154 | From: nude hampster | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture