homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » 3000th post rant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3000th post rant
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted March 30, 2013 05:46      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woohoo, 3000 posts, wonder if I'll make it to 4?

Anyways, I think it is appropriate that my 3000th post be a rant.

so

/clears throat

An airline figured out a new way of pissing me off this week. Easyjet ( for those in america think southwest style cheap airline). anyways airlines charge baggage fees so now everyone trys to take everything with them as a carry on. Good for them. but... On my flight to Istanbull last week I paid to have all my bags checked and only had a small bag with a few magazines in it ect as my carryon. I did this since on these sheap airlines there is never any room anymore for overhead luaggage anyways.

THe problem, because my carry on was a small bag and not a suitcase, I had to put it at my feet. Airline policy, to make room for all those with suitcases in the cabin. I am a very tall person 6,4" (193 cm) and I need the little leg room I got. Why should those who pay more to check thier luggage be punished with less foot room. This is insane. I paid more for my flight than those peopel bringing thier suitcase into the cabin. Easy jet makes mega bucks off of chargeing extra to check bags. They should be telling those withthe large suitcases to put them at thier feet.

GaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok

i'm done

any thoughts

any other rants about ________air travel

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2013 14:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I'm not /as/ tall as you, but I often put my briefcase under the seat, my shoes beside it, and my feet on top of the whole thing. It's more comfortable on long flights and gives me access to the contents during the flight. That said, I usually do use carry-on, but even if I didn't, there's no way in hell that I'd put my laptop in the fraught w/destruction luggage bin.

TSA and US Customs are at the top of my list of air travel rants. :/

P.S. Congrats on your vast # of posts - it's *probably* commendable. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2013 05:15      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some problems last week on a couple of flights. Outward, the airport had only 1 de-icing crew working (normally 4 apparently) so we were delayed by an hour. On the return, the plane would not enter steep descent mode, and we had to divert to a different airport.
It's the first time I've had to divert. As for Easyjet, they are best avoided and often not that cheap.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture