homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » commercial

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: commercial
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 01:46      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I still don't use this product, but if I was going to be influenced by an ad. this just might be an ad to influence me.

not for you momoan!

youtube vid

ps

I guess this means I am old now that nostalgia commercials are beign produced to get me to buy stuff with my feelings of nostalgia. Damnthat is effective advertising. not as effective as sex, but still effective.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 05:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Sunday if you can watch the Super Bowl, you can have your fill of Commercials. Good ones, bad ones, Retro, futurist, Funny, and Sad, however there will be commercials.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5456 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 11:49      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice commercial, but I'm still sticking with my beloved fox.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2329 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 19:29      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If by fox, you mean Firefox-I agree. Actually, this forum turned me on to Mozilla about 10 years ago now-I think it was pretty new at the time? I've never looked back.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 29, 2013 19:32      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this Superbowl commercial. Although some are calling it racist, I don't agree..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0xPWAtaa8

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 20:13      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using Firefox before it was cool! [Cool]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2329 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2013 21:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
I was using Firefox before it was cool! [Cool]

Haha...I guess that depends on a definition of 'cool' - I started using it in the mid 0.x release, when it was called um...Firefird...erm....Phoenix.

Crap, I'm getting old. (To that end, that IE ad was really stupid as an ad for IE, but damn, what a flashback to the 90s.)

P.S. Moderately serious question: Why would anyone /want/ to use IE? These days, a browser is a mostly commodity thing - it lets you surf the web, ideally with the least amount of crap inflicted on you. Most of the features are similar. I use Chrome @ work for safety (Windows), and Firefox (extensions!) + Chrome (speed & crashworthy) @ home (Mac). (As for Safari, I consider it to be almost as lame as IE.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9206 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2013 16:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explorer commercial nitpick...
"First made popular in the 1920s, yo-yoing remains a popular pastime of many generations and cultures. It was first invented in ancient Greece."

so 90's child, the YO-YO ain't yos!

Posts: 7816 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 30, 2013 19:22      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, wait...Firefox is cool? I'm cool????!!!!!

It was one of you guys who recommended it to me, so THANK YOU! I hate IE.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2013 20:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any experience with Opera You know it is all about "me, Me, ME, Mmmmmeeeeeeee"

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5456 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.