homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » My new geeky project

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new geeky project
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2010 18:31      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just walking back from the shops with the druidlings, when a car sailed right through a red light, missing the 3 of us by about a metre.

The driver, or course, was too busy talking on his mobile phone to bother looking out for red lights or pedestrians.

This is not the first time it's happened.

So, here's my idea for a geeky project...

It's basically a box with a mobile phone receiver, a directional antenna, some servo motors, and a heavy caliber machine gun. If an active mobile phone passes it at anything more than human jogging speed, **BLAM**.

The plan is to install them at every pedestrian crossing in the world.

Anyone want to help?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2010 18:44      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mr. Druid!

That sure is bad a cell phone crazy almost ran over the Druid clan! My. My. My.

Would you want my cell phone invention, too? The cell phone explodes any time it senses it is traveling over 10 miles an hour!

Ka bloooie!

There are other models in the works that sense when they are turned on in movie theatres, or in restaurants, or in libraries!

Ka blooie! Ka bloooie! Kablooie!

Have a great day!

Mr.Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2010 05:53      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I think the morons that don't pay attention while on the cellphone would not pay much attention to the (driving) task at hand regardless of the presence of a phone. I'm sure they would quickly find some other distra-SQUIRRIL!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2010 08:11      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anecdotally, the bad RTC-mobile link now seems to be stronger than the bad RTC-booze link [Frown]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 13, 2010 09:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whist you would only use the gun turrets on every corner for good, I am afraid that some other people might use teh gun turrets for evil.

I am looking at you texas.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2010 00:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might a similarly configured (i.e. dynamic triggering) cell phone jammer be a mite bit less deadly, though almost as effective?

Bonus points if it can target only the cell phones / mobiles of the offending parties.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ladyofevilness
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 30873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2010 08:21      Profile for ladyofevilness   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ppl are dumb thats what speaker phone is for lol
Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2010 08:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ You are only half right, they are also too dumb to use the speaker function.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2010 12:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gets news of an awful family emergency*
*tries to talk sister through tragedy while sprinting towards car in parking lot*
*dies*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2010 12:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*makes phone call in back seat of cab*
*dies*

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2010 13:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Collateral Damage' [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2010 13:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*steals the machine gun and sells it to finance his addiction to Steam's 75% off weekend sales*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2010 07:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
'Collateral Damage' [Wink]

Well played.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture