homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Do I gotta upgrade to CS4?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I gotta upgrade to CS4?
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted August 26, 2009 18:36      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CS1 works just fine for me. It runs OK on my intel Mac.

Now it seems like if I get Snow Cat X, I'm going to have to shell out $699 for CS4!

I am not happy. I was going to use that money to travel to Canada and stock up on my prescription medicine because Canadians have that communist socialized medicine that is really bad and has death panels ordered by Hitler, but their drugs are cheaper.

This could kill me and then I could have my own brush with death!

Can somebody help me?

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 26, 2009 20:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I just read this too, /me hopes it's not true.
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2009 21:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10.6 only runs Intel code.

I haven't spent the time to read up on it, but it /probably/ doesn't have Rosetta to be able to run PPC-compiled code.

It /should/ be able to execute Universal Binaries, where both the Intel & PPC code exists.

Just because Apple releases a new product, it doesn't mean you have to rush out and buy it, ya know? [Wink] If a perfectly usable copy of OS X works the way you'd like it to, and runs your software, just stick with it. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2009 01:56      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosetta is an optional install on 10.6. Apparently CS3 works fine (but not officially supported). Maybe it's the same for CS1, but it's probably worth finding out before you upgrade.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 27, 2009 07:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman dare utter... Just because Apple releases a new product, it doesn't mean you have to rush out and buy it, ya know?

Huh? I don't understand that concept. [Big Grin] [crazy]

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2009 09:35      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy wrote:
dragonman dare utter... Just because Apple releases a new product, it doesn't mean you have to rush out and buy it, ya know?

Huh? I don't understand that concept. [Big Grin] [crazy]

So you own an Apple Pippin?

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 27, 2009 09:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha, no Pippin... that was pre-Kool-Aid. [Razz]
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2009 09:49      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Just because Apple releases a new product, it doesn't mean you have to rush out and buy it, ya know? [Wink]

<<<<GASP!>>>>
<<<<SHIVERS>>>
<<<<SEVERE PRE-WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS>>>>

There goes my all-nite waiting line party!

I think I will partition a backup drive and keep a pre-Snow Cat version on one and Snow Cat on the other. Then just see what happens.

Mr. Geek 2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture