homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » geek culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: geek culture
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2009 12:15      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many old timers are still here that remember the old days here at gc? i know there are a few. i come by and check in, and see alot of names i don't know. i consider the times when i spent all day just bs'ing on gc some of the best years of my life. of course, some of you know they were also some of the hardest. but i always had a place online to go and escape. there were always people posting, chatting in irc.. just interacting all around. and of course there were those of us that were pricks [Big Grin] . i met alot of great people through gc, at least one of whom i still consider one of my best friends.

so what happened? social networking sites? computers got even easier for the average putz to use, driving geeks further into hiding? secret bilderberger conspiracy? i don't know, but i miss the good times. i have to say thanks to nitro and snaggy for making all the good memories possible.

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 27, 2009 12:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Happytears] aw shucks!

Always great to hear from you bull3t. [Big Grin]

I do spend less time on IRC nowadays, but times are still good, imho. Nitrozac and I consider most of you folks family, and are most humbled and grateful, and proud of your company. [Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 10:50      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder the same thing sometimes bull3t. I blame entropy.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 12:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ Me Thinks ___________________

____ That the hot heads, got so wound up that their main springs broke.

____ That they felt so insulted that they left.

____ That the mods pulled their accounts.

____ Choose one of the above, I do hope that it is not the last option, as I liked good debate but not name calling.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 17:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back bull3t, I know I've said the occasional harsh thing to you in the past, but lets put all that behind us, m'kay?

So, pull up a pew, pour yourself a caffeinated beverage of choice, and tell us what you've been up to...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 17:55      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe they meet weirdos on here and have to lay low for a while ...just sayin'

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 19:23      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I just enjoy wondering about where everybody went and then reading threads such as this one in which some folks speculate.

Lately, I'd have to lean toward the theory that they've largely moved inside the Earth and are building the new infrastructure there.

Maybe that's just the Mike's Hard Lime talking...?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 19:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Personally, I just enjoy wondering about where everybody went and then reading threads such as this one in which some folks speculate.

Lately, I'd have to lean toward the theory that they've largely moved inside the Earth and are building the new infrastructure there.

Maybe that's just the Mike's Hard Lime talking...?

[Edit] PS to Bull3t - Got your PM and APO. Look out now, 'cause you never know what I might send.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 07:32      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Welcome back bull3t, I know I've said the occasional harsh thing to you in the past, but lets put all that behind us, m'kay?

So, pull up a pew, pour yourself a caffeinated beverage of choice, and tell us what you've been up to...

well, i'm in iraq now, and they've made me move into the office for a few months instead of turning wrenches. i thought it would be ok at first, since the office has a/c, but its so tedious! i love working in a computer, but the system we used for cataloging and ordering parts was poorly planned. but its ok, i still spend alot of time out doors, picking up parts, running errands. its not too bad. what've you been up to?

GG, excellent. you are the man!

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Zilo
Maximum Newbie
Member # 187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 18:42      Profile for Zilo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I count as an old-timer!
Posts: 16 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 19:36      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow look at that he's murder!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2009 11:34      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
wow look at that he's murder!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
-William S Burroughs

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture