homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » The Orange Box

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Orange Box
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 01, 2007 12:35      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Orange Box is due out soon! (About the 10th).

For those of you who don't know, it's a game compilation with lots of Half Life 2 content, including Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal.

-

Portal is the one I'm most excited about. The idea is that you can shoot portals onto flat surfaces. Then you can go in through one end and come out through the other. You'd better have a look at this trailer on YouTube if you want to understand it better.

I've preordered, and I can't wait for it to come out. Is anyone else here a Half Life fan?

I have a sneaking suspicion I might have posted about this before... if so, please forgive me.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2007 00:34      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orange box?

I thought this thread might be about an old girlfriend. I once had to roll her in Tang crystals to look for the wet spot.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2007 09:01      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought this was about Oompah-Loompah poontang.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2007 14:18      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Oompah-Loompah poontang

I can't stop saying that.
Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 3 posted October 04, 2007 14:07      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow that rocks

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
HubmaN
Geek Larva
Member # 7554

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted October 06, 2007 09:20      Profile for HubmaN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already put it on preorder (on my unsadly delegated PC, that is - my primary machine is a Mac) ...has anyone checked out Team Fortress 2 yet? I've heard stuff about the CGI-style graphics... [Happytears]

--------------------
"...they will see us waiting on such great heights, come down now, they'll say..."

Posts: 29 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2007 10:40      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played with Team Fortress 2 a bit (for 2.9 hours to be precise). It was pretty awesome - very stylish. I especially like the way when you get killed, the action stops and the camera shoots over to the person who killed you. That's totally cool.

Unfortunately I had to take it off to make space for the Portal and HL2:Ep2 preloads. They're currently taking up most of the space on my tiny Windows partition. When my nice new hard drive thing arrives (hopefully in a few days) I'll download it again and hopefully start playing it properly. But by then I'll be engrossed in Ep2 and Portal, so it'll probably be a few weeks before I start playing again.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
HubmaN
Geek Larva
Member # 7554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2007 06:30      Profile for HubmaN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually thinking more along the lines of leaving Episode 2 to last. I'm not that much of a fan of single-player plot-oriented gaming... and by the time I do decide to get it, I'll have probably read the plot on Wikipedia. Thank god for Wikipedia-!
Posts: 29 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture