homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » dry spell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry spell
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2007 20:15      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have i just been checking these forums way to often in a day or has the amount of new and interesting posts gone down to almost "0" ?

Its summer time - its over 30 degrees celcius here in the northern hemisphere - and in the southern hemisphere it is negate 30. Way to hot/ cold to go outside for extended periods of time. So i'm thinking that this would be prime time to see some good posts. So where are they? or what is everyone doing that is so interesting?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2007 20:24      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm making Ice Cream! We picked up the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Qt Ice Cream Maker. In about 20 minutes we'll be eating fresh strawberry Ice Cream [Applause]

And we are watching season 1 of HEX , the DVDs just recently got released in the states. Season 2 is showing on BBC America, but we were confused not having seen season 1.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 08, 2007 20:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bibo, I want some of that ice cream! [Smile]

Earlier today Nitro and I were enjoying some fresh strawberries grown just a few kms from here. Have some more left in the fridge. Oh man they are good!

Yep, things slow down a bit in the lazy days of summer....

Did I mention those strawberries are GOOD!?!!! [Big Grin]

Is not the strawberry the perfect berry?

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2007 20:39      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Have i just been checking these forums way to often in a day or has the amount of new and interesting posts gone down to almost "0" ?

Its summer time - its over 30 degrees celcius here in the northern hemisphere - and in the southern hemisphere it is negate 30. Way to hot/ cold to go outside for extended periods of time. So i'm thinking that this would be prime time to see some good posts. So where are they? or what is everyone doing that is so interesting?

I want to know where, apart from antarctica, it's -30 in the southern hemisphere...we don't even have a 'winter' per say. It's warmer in 'winter' here (Perth) than summer in many countries.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 10 posted July 08, 2007 21:01      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Astronomer Jedi wrote:
I want to know where, apart from antarctica, it's -30 in the southern hemisphere...we don't even have a 'winter' per say. It's warmer in 'winter' here (Perth) than summer in many countries.

Aconcagua

(yes, I'm fully aware that nobody lives there and I'm being a smart ass... not that explaining that will stop anyone from missing the joke and responding as if I were being serious)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2007 21:44      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went up a 14er yesterday. My buddy and I took a classic but somewhat difficult route that had us on the move from 3:30 in the morning until 5:30 in the evening. On the descent portion, we had to climb back up to where we'd made camp to get our stuff, and then climb over a pass to get back to the trailhead. So we were a bit tired. It was a lovely adventure though. Nice and warm. Never even got close to freezing. Only in CO can you get away with shorts and a t-shirt at 14000'...

I spent today recovering from all of that, restocking my food supply, cleaning my apartment, and doing shit up in the lab.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 05:56      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been at work, clicking "refresh" just as much as you have.
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 06:19      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the week-end, I just don't get bored at work, because, well, I'm not at work. Plus training + Wii Sports + DDR (on PS2) takes a lot of energy, and I usually spend the rest of the day being passive. So I don't post much over the week-end.

But now I'm back for another week of work, and even if I don't have much to say, I may come and ramble a bit.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 07:11      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh now I want fresh strawberries with whip cream!!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 10:33      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we're all too busy playing Kingdom of Loathing [Wink]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 12:02      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, MightyClub:
Maybe we're all too busy playing Kingdom of Loathing [Wink]

That's an understatement. I've been messing with the economy while I'm out of adventures. I've managed to make somewhere in the neighborhood of 17.5 million meat so far. [Roll Eyes]

*curses fs for posting that link in the first place*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 13:14      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief, and I'm excited to have 40 *thousand* meat on hand! I'm obviously not devious enough.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 13:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A capitalist is me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 19:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of the game but have never played it. maybe I will give it try tomorrow morning when the WoW servers are down. Why do I still play that game any way. Stupid SWG is only for PC's and I've had it with my PC and it's in a closet collecting dust now.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture