homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Rant: Geek Culture Edition of "Survivor" HAS TO STOP! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Rant: Geek Culture Edition of "Survivor" HAS TO STOP!
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 8 posted April 13, 2007 09:46      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<rant>

Christ on a motherfrakking crutch, people!! Is bitching and bitching and bickering all everyone does here any more?!

Would people stop trying to vote people off the Geek Culture island? It isn't "Survivor", and it isn't God damned junior high!

The idea of a community is a sharing of ideas, even ones you don't like. Yes, I might get pissed off at something someone says, but to attack people?

NOT COOL.

This rant comes because of the dogpile on Boo. Ever think that maybe Boo is really lonely and might be trying a little too hard because of it? I know that's happened to me a couple of times, and I've made people uncomfortable. They, at least, didn't come after me like a pack of rabid frakking computer-literate baboons!

Now that Boo is being attacked verbally all the damned time, of course Boo is freaking out and on the serious defensive and counterattack! So it never dies out. Why? Why do we have to have this all the damned time?

Jeez, Uilleann leaves and you all have to find a new scapegoat (which I think the scapegoating of Uilleann wasn't fair, either, despite his caustic attitude and standoffish behavior)? I tried to make friends with Uilleann. He was a smart guy and creative in his own way.

Well, he's gone -- voted off Geek Culture Island. Problem is, we aren't a damned reality television game show! We are a damned community and we need to act that way. Everyone stop it right now, and if you jump me for it, then you're no better than the people who shun you because of who you are.

I refuse to play by the pecking order rules of High School (or the Corporate World, or the Soccer-and-Starbucks Mommy World) in a community created because we didn't belong in their pecking order rules.

I am a God damned writing geek, not a conformist!

You shouldn't be a conformist, either.
</rant>

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 10:20      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll not conform to that either [Big Grin]

Actually, I think that personality conflicts are all fine and good. What I hate are the "me-too"ers and the clicques. Geeks forming clicques annoys me since that was the very behaviour that cause so many people to become geeks in the first place.

I left OB for that same reason, and I took a long break from GC due to it as well. We only have about 15-20 active posters here in the first place - getting all high and mighty will reduce that number further.

Of course, this was mostly covered a while back in the lovelorn thread among others [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 11:06      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 11:25      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Whoah there, Jess, calm down a bit. Please?

I usually welcome everyone, and I am all for giving people a second chance. But boo is a very special case. For all I know, she doesn't even want to belong to GC. She was/is rude, never apologises after insulting people, and most importantly, never really contributed anything. Apart from her threads asking very general questions about male geeks' love-life and such, her only attempts were to give a link to some news feed and ask "well, what do you think?" Oh, and her "let's stuff everything in a single thread" ones.

I tried very hard to understand her, but all I found was a need for attention, and imperviousness to critics. She almost said plainly that she cannot be wrong, and those who criticize her are assholes. Whenever she is around, the GC atmosphere gets stormy, because she rubs so many people the wrong way. It can takes days of her absence before things go back to normal.

Now, could I be wrong about her? Yes, of course, I could. After all, I don't even know her, as she refuses to give that info publicly. So all I have is what she writes, her attitude, her behaviour, and none of that have proved me wrong yet.

Truth be told, I think she could still find her place if she really tried to. Didn't I invited her to introduce herself in my last answer to her? That was a peace offer: "come out clean, and I may forgive you." Did she? Nope. She doesn't care, and continues to buzz around posting voidness and overall bandwidth wasting. Her attitude makes me doubth she is able to adapt to GC. Does that means we have to adapt to her, and make GC what she wants it to be? My answer is no. GC is the nicest place on the net I ever found, and I'm not ready to give it up so she can makes herself confortable. So yes, I'd rather have her gone - I want GC to become again a place where I can relax.

If she feels lonely, maybe she should look in the mirror to find the reason. Dismissing people and insulting them is not a good way to make friends. Sxeptomaniac tried very hard to explain that to her, but she wrote him off instead.

So please don't judge those who called for her departure too harshly. People aren't against her ideas, but against her behaviour. It's a "protection of the tribe" thing, not a lack of open mindness. In the real world, people who break the peace/laws/rules of society are sent before a judge, and fined or sent to jail if found guilty. We have none of those options here, so people do what they can, with the amount of patience and diplomacy each has.

As for uillean, he is a completely different case. He is opinionated, somewhat rude at times, but he is a good contributor to GC. His questions and comments are pertinent. As far as I am concerned, he is welcome here. The problem is rather that he is also unbeding and seems to take any criticisms of his ideas very personnally. So every once in a while, the heat rises, then he leaves. But he comes back. And that's fine with me: he is difficult in a way I can accept, as his qualities more than make up for that.

Now, are there other people you think were abused here? 'Cause I can think of none. Well, you could consider Ashitaka's case, but it's a tricky one. A couple of times, he came out with half-baked arguments in the politics thread, and was taken to task about them. He seemed to grow some resentment about that. But really mistreated? I wouldn't say so; it's rather a case of oversensibility, IMHO. ASM took worse a beating more than once, but he never complained about it - for what I know, anyway. (And ASM's contribution in technical areas is valuable.) (I'm not judging here, just saying what I think about people.)

Overall, people come and go, and for the years I have been around, there have been newbies who didn't stay, no matter how welcome they were treated, or the general ambience at the time. That's life, and I accept that.

P.S: Pecking order? Well, I can say I value more those who contribute more, and don't cry when bandwidth-wasters go silent. Is that so bad?

Edit: Steen - Does your answer makes you a "me-too"er? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 12:56      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Stereo - that's a long post [Big Grin]

I gotta say that I agree that boo rubs a lot of people the wrong way, and certainly seems to do more harm than good.

I can't say if she's well intentioned or not, and I don't really care. I just mostly ignore her.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 13:12      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Stereo.
quote:

That was a peace offer: "come out clean, and I may forgive you."

Oh yeah. I would be all over that kind of peace offering, like a fat kid on cake.

Like or hate someone, there comes a time that it is best to drop shit, to avoid losing your own credibility.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 13:47      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally speaking, I hate cliquishness. I've been burned hard by cliquishness at various points in my life. I think it sucks. However...

uilleann's his own special case. I think he may have Asperger's, to be honest. Most people try to be patient with him, but we are what we are and he is what he is and that's the story. He comes and goes - sometimes he gets driven off due to his temper, and sometimes he drives himself off.

boo came in and stepped on some toes. Okay, a lot fo newbies do that. Most of them correct themselves after a gentle nudge. boo, OTOH, chose to tell us why we were wrong, and then announced that she was going to continue to annoy us just because she could. This is not the way to win friends and influence people. She strikes me as the type who leaves her cell phone on in movie theaters, answers it, and then doesn't understand why the people near by are annoyed. Or the type who parks in two parking spaces in a crowded parking lot, and can't understand why her door got dinged. Or the type who cuts in line and thinks that it's everyone else's fault that they're mad. I think you know where I'm going with this. She also gets all pissed off when someone gives her an answer she doesn't like. This trait is common to a lot of people, and it's one of the things that annoys me about a lot of people. But that, combined with her general inconsiderateness, really rubs me wrong. Also, she kind of comes across like she thinks she's here to somehow make us over and save us from ourselves, and that's not what this board is here for. We're here to be ourselves, not learn how to be like whatever it is the media wants us to be.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 13:51      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Like or hate someone, there comes a time that it is best to drop shit, to avoid losing your own credibility.

I know. As I know I have waisted way too much time arguing with her, and that it annoyed some people. But I am hot-blooded a love arguing. Believe it or not, I try no to argue around here, exactly because I know it annoys some people. I don't always succeed, unfortunately. Still, I managed to avoid direct answers to boo for months, and I will do my best to do it again.

So why my last post to her? Because she directly called at me, and there were a few things that I felt the need to address. And why add that peace offer? (No, I didn't really thought she would seize it.) Well, call it a selfish attempt at not being painted all black, if you want to.

So yeah, I'm sorry I still haven't learned when to stop (or when not to start in the first place). But I worry that's part of the package that is known here as Stereo.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 14:11      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it safe to come out yet? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 14:37      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really see the point of this thread, as it's a reaction to a thread that was itself marked by a great deal of oversensitivity, and now we are stirring it all up again. It's like a dog returning to its vomit. On the whole we forgive and forget here, or at least forget, and I don't notice boo being jumped on in her latest thread. Although Uilleann isn't around at the moment, I don't recollect any significant spats this time, so I don't think he was driven away, though before his departure his posts seemed to indicate that he was feeling increasingly ill at ease here, (and possibly with himself?). I expect, and hope, that he'll be back.

I don't agree with Jess's analysis. I don't really believe there is any attempt by any group here to drive anyone away, nor that there are indeed any particular cliques here, though certain members share interests and skills. I for one, hope that I have offended everyone equally. [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 14:44      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I recall ever asking anyone to leave. I don't believe in doing that, as it's really up to them. I do, however, believe in explaining what the expectations generally are around here, and letting them decide if it's worthwhile to stick around.

I've was recently reading this page on the issues around being completely inclusive. Not everyone who comes here is going to be able to adjust to some of our oddities. We should strive to be welcoming, but we need to also realize that not everyone will fit in, whether we like it or not.

As far as Boo goes, I'm not really interested in being her enemy. I don't necessarily feel a need to be her buddy, either, but I do prefer to, at the minimum, find some kind of truce. She's unfortunately kept herself an outsider here by dodging multiple opportunities to tell people about herself, though. Along with her tendencies to create conflict, as Xanthine just mentioned, you have a clear answer as to why she's gotten hostile reactions on multiple occasions.

Boo, despite referring to you in third person above, this is an invitation. We're not asking for your name and address, or any personal details for that matter, but some idea of why you're here and what your interests are. As you've seen, people who choose to hide themelves are regarded with suspicion here, and there are reasons for that. If we are wrong about you, now's a great chance to explain. There is no instant cure for the tension that's built up, but it can fade out after a while. On the other side, this would be a good time to ask any questions you might want answered.

quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Is it safe to come out yet? [Wink]

Sure. All clear.

/me raises his club. [evil]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 14:49      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is just too short for... ummm... yeah.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 14:54      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just going to say that I'm glad that Nitro and Snaggy never weigh in on these - a previous board I was on had a lot of that. It really pissed me off, since this sort of conflict is really best when only between the directly impacted parties, not the admins.

That being said - I'm not going to waste any more time posting about this. I'm just going to ignore the stuff I don't want to be involved in.

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 15:45      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I know I'm a newbie and please don't take this as me being a "me-too"er type, but from the few replies I've read of Boo's, she does come off as...Obtrusive and with a “it’s my way, go to hell” style. Though I've never personaly delt with her.

Of course all newbies who join go through a time of getting used to the board, meeting people, and learning the ways. Maybe Boo just hasn't learned yet? I know I'm still figuring how all this fun stuff works. [Wink]

Anyways maybe she'll change, forgive and forget, and eat some cake. Or a cookie. Or both. If your jeans will allow it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 15:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo wrote:
Steen - Does your answer makes you a "me-too"er? [Big Grin]

Yes, it does. I have no problem with that in this case because, at the time of the post, there was little for me to add that I haven't said before.

I am hot-blooded a love arguing.

Unfortunately, so is boo. I don't believe the two of you are ever going to get along so I hope the two of you can simply ignore each other.

*sigh*

So... one of the big complaints is that boo never shares information about herself.

That's not actually true. She has given me a lot of information to me over the past seven months via PMs.

Finding about things about boo is not as simple as just asking, though... currently there are about 18 maxed out PM's that boo and I have exchanged in my mailbox. I've had to delete about 10 more because my mailbox was full. For those who don't know, a PM can be passed back and forth 20 times before it maxes out and you have to start a new one.

That is a -lot- of talking and it took that much for boo to really warm up to me. I honestly wish I could share some of what I know to defuse this whole situation, but all of it was told to me in confidence and I won't break that trust and risk the friendship that's grown up between myself and boo.

...and for those who ask "how do you know she's not just lying to you about everything", I would ask how do you know she is? boo came here and virtually everyone dismissed her as a spammer. I think it's very clear that virtually everyone was wrong. I hope we haven't lost the ability to give someone the benefit of the doubt when it's already been shown that the majority here can be very wrong.

boo has also posted a few details about her life on the forums. She's mentioned that she is a realtor and that she has a boyfriend. She's also offered her opinion on a couple of subjects.

The problem, however, is that boo is an intensely private individual. It takes time for her to become comfortable enough with someone to share her views. Add to that the -constant- attacks on her and I think it's pretty damn obvious why she doesn't go out of her way to put her views in the spotlight here. She is genuinely interested in other people's opinions of the topics she posts.

This part is just my belief, but I also think she would offer more of an opinion if she had one. I believe that many of the things she asks about are things she's undecided on and is looking for other people's thoughts to help clarify the issue.

So... all that said, here's what I hope everyone will do:

boo: Please try to refrain from blowing up in response to this. It serves no good purpose and will simply perpetuate the problems that are going on now.

Everyone else: If you don't like boo's posts, please just ignore them. There's no reason to bitch about her not offering her opinion when she asks for other people's opinions. It's not that big of a crime in the first plaec and making a fuss about it does nothing to change or help the situation. While it may make -you- feel better, it sours the mood of the board as a whole and makes GC a less pleasant place to be. I hope that's not anyone's goal.

... and if anyone really feels they must rant about boo, PM me with it. I've got a hide like a rhino and I'm more than willing to absorb the abuse and respond rationally if it will help GC get back to a more normal state.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 16:05      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me calls everyone together for a group hug

Now can we all please start acting like adults and let this place go back to the semi-normal place it has been before? Please?

/me gives Steen another hug for being back for a bit

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 16:13      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I'm more than willing to...get back to a more normal state.

Oh, goody! Does that mean you're coming to visit me, Steen?! [Applause]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 18:00      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, I see what you're saying. However, trying to be a private person while also one of the most prolific contributors to this board is going to create friction, whether she means well or not.

I'm also a private person when it comes to many aspects of my personal life. I also have to realize, though, that when conflict arises because people misunderstand the insufficient information I've given, it's largely my own fault.

Today isn't the first time I've tried to extend the olive branch. I tried to smooth things over early on, but she wouldn't let a couple minor slights go. Then, I tried to explain why people were speculating about her intentions, as well as why I will not engage her in PMs at this point, only to get cussed out. Perhaps my post there appeared abrubt, but there was no attack involved.

I had specific reasons for flaming her early on. I made an intentional choice to be the bad guy, given her repeated insinuations as to what mean people Dman and Stereo are. I made a partial explanation previously in another thread. I will admit my temper was a bit shorter than normal at that time, as it was right around the time I was attempting to overcome my own reticence and post a thread about the (then recent) failure of my long distance relationship, but it was still a conscious choice to draw fire, rather than simply an angry outburst, hence I have felt little need to apologize for it.

I do have one regret in my exchanges with Boo, in that I pejoratively called her "princess" when things got heated. That was wrong, and I do apologize for that, Boo.

(Boo, you'd previously expressed a reluctance to follow unknown links in my posts. Like that time, these are simply links to the comments I'm referring to. If you hover over them, you will see that they lead right back to GeekCulture)

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 19:18      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please... there's no point in defending past flames and comments at this point. There never is. All it does is create an opening for another angry response and a continuation of hostilities.

If you feel I've singled you out in some way, I'm sorry you feel that way but it isn't true. The only people I addressed directly in my post were Stereo and boo and I pointed no fingers at either. boo has played her part in causing this mess and I have not said otherwise. There are other members of GC, however, who are just as much to blame at this point for refusing to let things go.

All I'm asking is that, if boo annoys you, ignore her and her posts. It's not that difficult a request. I've asked her to do likewise via a PM. This is the -only- way the arguing is going to end and let GC get back to normal.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 19:31      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
/me raises his club.

Ahem. Ugh wants club back now, please.

quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
I'm more than willing to...get back to a more normal state.

Oh, goody! Does that mean you're coming to visit me, Steen?! [Applause]
Surely you're not suggesting PA is a "normal" state, Rhon [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 19:34      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said, Sxepto. I will add only this: if really boo is reluctant to open to strangers, we will never know anything of her, as there always will be newcomers she won't know. Either she has to accept to take the risk of talking to people she may not trust right away, or she should stay with private chat rooms and emails. This is a public forum, after all.

Oh, and she never said anything publicly about being a realtor. You did, Steen. I also missed that part where she told about having a boyfriend - this is completely new to me. Aren't you mixing private and public conversations? And that's what I dislike about keeping all the personnal stuff for private mails - only a few know, others have to guess. It creates a dichotomy right away. I do seem to remember her talking about being published, though. And that's about all she ever said about herself here.

Just saying.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 20:15      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:

Oh, and she never said anything publicly about being a realtor. You did, Steen. I also missed that part where she told about having a boyfriend - this is completely new to me. Aren't you mixing private and public conversations? And that's what I dislike about keeping all the personnal stuff for private mails - only a few know, others have to guess. It creates a dichotomy right away. I do seem to remember her talking about being published, though. And that's about all she ever said about herself here.

Just saying.

Um .. poor Jess. Nice try, anyway.

Okay, some of you people must really be starved for something to do. Another thread spirals into boo bashing (what a surprise) complete with links from six months ago ... well done. [thumbsup]

Stereo, just because you never saw it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=002277

Perhaps you will "forgive" me because you didn't happen to notice it. (From now on when I think of forgiveness, it won't be Jesus who comes to mind. It will be the great and mighty, Stereo.)

Oh, and don't worry, I'll just chalk it up to another of your many, many, misunderstandings. [Roll Eyes]

Oh, and Sxepto, you're the only person (that I can recall) who ever apologized, despite the many who have wronged me. Thank you. However, it is a bit meaningless in light of the rest of your post, lol.

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 20:26      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please... there's no point in defending past flames and comments at this point. There never is. All it does is create an opening for another angry response and a continuation of hostilities.

Not a defense; an explanation. Like I said, I'm really not interested in being enemies with her, but I do want to explain where I was coming from.

--------------------

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 22:28      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOUR ALL GAY. [Razz]

Seriously though.

Jess, thanks for what you've said. It's shameful how many people have been driven away from this place...and I'm not talking about newbs. Long-standing members of the community have avoided coming here (and have told me as much (yes, I keep up with people off-board)) because of the atmosphere that often exists. I should also note that I am one such individual.

Seriously people, quit being a bunch of fucking pretentious assholes and lose the superiority complexes. It'll get you far in life. For the more socially challenged among you, maybe you'll even meet some people.

Geez.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 14, 2007 10:50      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BINGO! We have a winner!!! Ding ding. Ding ding.

Spidey, what flavor cigar would you like? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture