homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Odd behavior? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Odd behavior?
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 07:40      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it that cats have the need to suck on your fingers?
That is currently what my cat is doing (it is quite difficult to type with one hand). She does it daily. Now I could understand if she was just a kitten or something, but she is 2 1/2 years old, and has already had a litter of kittens (and yes, she kept up this odd habit all throughout her pregnancy). Yet she still does it, and I'm baffled.

*cats are so strange*

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 08:08      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yet anouther reason to buy a dog.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 08:48      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have three cats that are about fourteen months old now and two of them love to suck my fingers. I don't mind it, actually I like teasing them when they do it. Sometimes they start chomping though, and that's a bit much.

I love them all though. Much nicer than a slobering canine that you have to clean up after all the time. Even if felines can be supremely picky at times.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 08:59            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say our cat has ever sucked anyone's fingers. I don't know if he'd still do this but if you held him a pen or pencil he'd chew up the end and put holes in it. That was always entertaining to watch, some sort of vendetta against writing implements.
IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 09:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:

In your case, naw_333, your cat is merely trying to fit in with the clan. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 12:46      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:

In your case, naw_333, your cat is merely trying to fit in with the clan. [Big Grin]
I have no idea what you mean.

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 13:03      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monkey see, monkey do.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 23:15      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...I guess that makes sense. I do suck my thumb, but only when I sleep. Is it possible that she picks up on that, and thereofore thats why she does it?

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 15:04      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[shake head]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 15:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naw_333 - look at your friggin' .sig...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 18:27      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, ok.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow some days. Or rather, most days.... [Razz]

Got it now. But yeah, I really doubt that that is the reason she does that. Silly cats and all their whims...

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 19:16      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, thats 100% not the reason she does that.
I promise.
Its most likely just a comforting instinct thing, just like how cats knead when they're comfortable.

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2006 20:36      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always hated when my cats would knead into my chest/back every night before bed.
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 08:57      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But a cat kneading your back is like a free mini-massage!
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 09:03      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not if claws are involved! :-D
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 09:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some boys like claws in the back [evil]
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 10:10      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but not all boys like the kitty doing it to be furry [evil]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 10:28      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally like the short-haired breeds myself.
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 13:51      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does your cat get a sunday haircut as well, jace?
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 14:06      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know. Does she?
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 07:51      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear god. I forfeit. you win the "lets make this as dirty as possible" game.
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 08:26      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because cats are fucking disgusting.

Either that, or they're on a quest to spread their saliva far and wide. Cat saliva is the prime allergen ingredient in dander, it's what causes cat scratch fever/astronomically high rates of infection in cat scratches and bites...I could keep going. I'd say it's a conspiracy, but I don't think cats have enough smarts to hatch plots. (If this was proven, it would simultaneously back up my "fucking disgusting" theory.)

Ugh...cats. (Says the reptile geek.)

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 10:28      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, because reptiles are so much healthier to be around. *cough*salmonella*cough* [Wink]

I'll stick with my fish, though I am stuck with (even stupider than normal) cats, a tree frog, and an anole (lizard) for the other Clubs in the house. The amphibian and reptile I can deal with. The cats are mostly just annoying.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:25      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you don't have a stupid dog like mine. Elvis eats poop. Yeeeuck.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:35      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because cats suck! Ha ha! [Big Grin]

Black Widow- If your dog is engaging in some copropaghia, it could be a medical or psycological problem. I found this article that could help. http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resources/advice/dogs/19.htm

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture