homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » FINALLY....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FINALLY....
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 14:42      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...we've hit the big time. Denver can truly be acknowledged as being "Real."

This nonsense is happening a scant couple of blocks from my office. Oops...I think I puked on myself a little while reading that.

What frightens me the most is that this is SEASON 18?!?! of this engineered "reality" experience. Aside from the slight differences in the "hipper-than-thou" parts of the cities that host these love-fests, what new ground are we covering here? Do we need an eighteenth example of how boorish and shallow 20-somethings in a staged environment can be? Obviously, we do....

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 14:45      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats a Denver??? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 14:52      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Ummm.... Here ya go.

See, the day wasn't a total waste, you learned something!

--------------------

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 02, 2006 14:54      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A poor singer I believe. I'll always remember this little snippet of sound available from a library on the family's Mac SE: "Here is the sound of John Denver being strangled: 'Put your head on my pillaaargl!'"

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 14:57      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
A poor singer I believe. I'll always remember this little snippet of sound available from a library on the family's Mac SE: "Here is the sound of John Denver being strangled: 'Put your head on my pillaaargl!'"

I have always loved that Monty Python sketch....esp. the "Thank You" at the end.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 15:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
A poor singer I believe.

Not much of a pilot either.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 15:32            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHOKED.WAV for anyone who's missed it. I was not aware it came from Monty Python, or in fact where my copy came from. Or if it's even the same one.....
IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 15:41      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Toasted Denver:
An omelette made with ham, green onions and cheddar cheese sandwiched between two (2) pieces of toast

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 16:34      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Denver? I thought he died?
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 16:41      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Toasted Denver:
An omelette made with ham, green onions and cheddar cheese sandwiched between two (2) pieces of toast

I've never heard of that variant...sounds good though...::stomach grumbles::

--------------------

Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 16:44      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
CHOKED.WAV for anyone who's missed it. I was not aware it came from Monty Python, or in fact where my copy came from. Or if it's even the same one.....

From one of my favorite Python albums. I listened to this cassette (yikes) until the tape literally broke. [url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python%27s_Contractual_Obligation_Album]Wikipedia[/url]

Oh, and sorry for the double-post.

--------------------

maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2006 22:47      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Error

Bad Title.

Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2006 14:05            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Urk.

This isn't the kind of news I wanted to hear.

I am so tempted to find out where their house is, so I can leave a burning bag of dog crap on their doorstep, maybe with a message saying "MTV GO HOME"...

But I probably won't. I mean, does anyone actually WATCH The Real Spoiled World these days? [Wink]

IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 03, 2006 14:46      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evidently someone 'round here does....or at least is fixated enough to stalk the cast, track their movements, and upload camera-phone shots (See web link above).

Mostly it makes me sad that MTV doesn't have much to do with actual music anymore.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture