homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Is Canada a Mac country?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Canada a Mac country?
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 22:52      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in Vancouver for the last few days and noticed that all the computer stores seem to be Mac focused. Am I smoking it, or do Canadians really have better taste than us in the US.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 06:19      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Canadians having better taste than us USians as axiomatic. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 07:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't insult my intelligence like that. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 08:54      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada's a country?

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 09:57      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
Canada's a country?

....and we have something called democracy. Y'all should give it a try sometime.
[Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 14:05      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
Charles Bukowski

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2006 22:34      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles Bukowski aparently had no clue what he was talking about, or was at least bamboozled by the American definition of "Democracy."

A Democracy is a form of government where the populus votes on issues affecing them.

A *Republic* is a form of government where the populus elects representatives to vote in lieu of said populus on issues affecting them, ideally in their best interest.

America is a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy. Hence "... and to the Republic for which it stands..."

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 04:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All___________________From where I live, I have driven South to Canada, East to Canada, and North. I have found the people to be friendly and well versed on most political topics, and not as swayed by mass consumerism as in their neighboring country. I wish that we could get back to such values here.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2006 14:52      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quantumfluff

stay away from WestWorld... Simply Computing is better as is MacStation.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 09:21      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
and we have something called democracy. Y'all should give it a try sometime.
[Wink]

Been there. Done that. Democracy is soooo 1776.

As for Canada, they have too many people speaking French and acting like rude French waiters. So gauche.

Canada can't be a a real country with that many french-speaking people running around. Just like the USA can't be a real country with all the redneck-speaking people running around.

And your country has a Tree Leaf for a FLAG! And we have a Bush for a President ... uh, wanna trade?

Oh, and one more thing. OUR national anthem started as a beer-drinking tune. So THERE, Mister and Missus MaKenzie Brothers!

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 11:30      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have driven South to Canada, East to Canada, and North
wow where do you live ??????

quote:
As for Canada, they have too many people speaking French and acting like rude French
wow have you ever been to Canada, we only have one province what is really into the french thing, so if you think diversity is a bad thing look at the usa half your country is run by mexicans. (no offense to anyone who is mexican or french)

quote:
Been there. Done that. Democracy is soooo 1776.
now at least our pm dosnt have the lowest approval rating in the history of canada. on the other hand dosn't bush only have like 27% approval ratings?? look at the numbers

quote:
I've been in Vancouver for the last few days and noticed that all the computer stores seem to be Mac focused. Am I smoking it, or do Canadians really have better taste than us in the US.

umm yes yes we do. I think it just depends on where you go and who you talk to. i live in Ontario and all the chain computer stores just sell pc's but there are a few people at my school who have apples.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 16:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
And your country has a Tree Leaf for a FLAG! And we have a Bush for a President ... uh, wanna trade?

No.
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 18:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

No.
Aww c'mon. We'll throw in another guy who has become well known for his hunting skills with a shotgun [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 06:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
quote:
quote:

No.
Aww c'mon. We'll throw in another guy who has become well known for his hunting skills with a shotgun [Smile]
Um. I think your offers might be going in the wrong direction.
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 07:12      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great white hunter and a bush for the maple leaf. Fair trade i'd have to say.
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 08:57      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Great white hunter and a bush for the maple leaf. Fair trade i'd have to say.

Only to an American.

ps. Go Oilers!

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 13:11      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll throw in Britn...erm... one slightly used pop star who still gets lots of photos taken by the press.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 13:31      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We'll throw in Britn...erm... one slightly used pop star who still gets lots of photos taken by the press.

Again, you're going in the wrong direction -- you're trying to SWEETEN the deal, not sour it.

It's like us trying to give you Celin.. oh .. wait.

Nevermind.

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 20:38      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll give Celine back. What happens in Vegas doesn't really have to stay there. Honest.

I heard the Star Wars kid misses her and I understand that there's a drunk guy in Ottawa that needs her presence in order to justify driving around on a revoked license.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 22:13      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Again, you're going in the wrong direction -- you're trying to SWEETEN the deal, not sour it.

It's like us trying to give you Celin.. oh .. wait.

Nevermind.

How about a rather, err, dedicated, heavy metal frontmen who NEVER will give up. I hear his album will be out soon. That should be worth it.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture