homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Would someone please shoot every 13 year old in Germany? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Would someone please shoot every 13 year old in Germany?
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 12:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what the **** is going on, but for the past two days I've been bombarded by ICQ messages from people claiming to be teenage girls in Germany. I'm 38 and have no interest in underage German girls and I'm quite sure nothing in my profile would lead anyone to think otherwise (It reads "If I don't already know you, I probably don't want to talk to you")

/me degenerates into a foaming-at-the-mouth rant about "those damn young whippersnappers" while waving his cane in the air

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 12:47      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, if you shot every thirteen year old in Germany, the issue wouldn't go away, sine those '13 year old girls' are inevitably spammers (or even spammer software) aiming to get on your good side to spam you with various things.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 14:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past few days I've been getting this crap:
2:52:20 PM gabriella1j62:

Hey

2:52:20 PM Me (Autoreply):

Whose phone number is this?
[redacted]

2:53:11 PM gabriella1j62:

Want to check out my profile? I think you will really like it [Smile] < a . href="gopher://MySpace_be_tt">MySpace-Live< /a>

2:53:11 PM Me (Autoreply):

Whose phone number is this?
[redacted]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:00      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would someone please also shoot all the subway train operators who grin at you while shutting the door right in your face?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:45      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha ha ZSR
far more useful suggestion I might opine...

them gits deserve to be shot

in Soviet Russia the smiles close the doors on the Guards for you....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:

in Soviet Russia the smiles close the doors on the Guards for you....

Oh no I've gone cross-eyed.
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 17:53      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exactly the intent of the 1984 stylee opressive regime...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 18:53      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly, they actually seem to be legitimate teenagers. Once I tell them that I'm 38 and not particularly interested in chatting with them, they go away and don't message me again.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 21:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Oddly, they actually seem to be legitimate teenagers. Once I tell them that I'm 38 and not particularly interested in chatting with them, they go away and don't message me again.

Probably undercover cops trolling for dirty old men trolling for teens.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 22:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

IANAL, but isn't that entrapment? I thought the cops could hang out in chat rooms, and wait for someone to hit on them first?

Either way, IM spam should DIE!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 23:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:

IANAL, but isn't that entrapment? I thought the cops could hang out in chat rooms, and wait for someone to hit on them first?

IANALIAAHB (I Am Not A LAwyer I Am A Human Being) but I think if the 'teen' cop simply says 'she' wants to chat, and the 38 year old starts asking what underwear she's wearing, that wouldn't be entrapment.

At least that's what the judge said at my court appearance a while back...

btw - what underwear are you wearing ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 23:28      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

IANALIAAHB (I Am Not A LAwyer I Am A Human Being) but I think if the 'teen' cop simply says 'she' wants to chat, and the 38 year old starts asking what underwear she's wearing, that wouldn't be entrapment.

Your moms.
Wow I never thought that would ever sound funny anywhere.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 08:59      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not entrapment as long as they allow the other person to just do what they would normally. E.g., a cop dressed as a prostitute is hanging out on the corner, a man rolls down the window so she goes up and says hi, he asks her price. Not entrapement. A cop dressed as a prostitute is hanging out on the corner, goes up to a man and says, "Looking for a good time?" Entrapement.

Also, German laws may differ on that subject.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 09:13      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The general definition of 'Entrapment' is when an officer of the government/cop/whatever somehow does something that entices a citizen to do something they would not have done had the officer/cop/whatever not been there.

So much like Peebs said.. standing there and answering questions is not entrapment. Walking up and saying, "looking for a good time?" is.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 11:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well...maybe...but I still think the act of saying "Hi, I'm an underaged teen...wanna chat?" is still more than just passively sitting around. And if you want to take it a bit further, the fact that they might be actively initiating conversations like these seems bad to me - it treats everyone on the Internet like a potential criminal, waiting to be caught.

By the same token, I think it's reasonably alright if someone is just idling in a chat room, saying nothing that isn't in the flow of the active conversation. If someone then approaches them...go after them, and prosecute them to the full extent of the law. But don't go out *looking* for trouble, pissing off innocent bystanders in the process. You wouldn't bother me on my telephone this way, so don't do it to me on the nearest digital equivalent - IM.

--------------------

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 13:36      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the Germans are good with gas chambers for mass executions. [evil]

I know poor taste... [ohwell]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 17:21      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't talk to scary old men on the internet, mmkay?

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 18:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I am a scary old man on the internet [Big Grin]

So far no "German teens" have cropped up today. The total for the weekend was 11 different IDs. I had considered it might be someone (police or otherwise) trolling for pedophiles, but that would only make sense for two or three IDs.

I believe someone I know was messing with me, however, because a couple of them knew a few details that aren't in my ICQ profile.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 18:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD!!

It's not a joke.

I'm actually being pestered by a ton of 13 year old German girls.

Apparently there's some boy band named Tokio Hotel with a singer named Bill and my ICQ profile answers match things he's said in interviews.

But wait... that's not all

This is what they're mistaking me for!

More pictures (and reasons to laugh at me) can be found here and here

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 18:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, you're like a girl or something?! [Wink]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 18:26      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is what they're mistaking me for!

.. is that supposed to be a guy?
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 18:27      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dude, you're like a girl or something?! [Wink]

I guess it's time for him to grow the beard back.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 20:12      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, they probably are real Germans. I get loads of them on one of my ICQ numbers. I have no idea why, but there are a whole lot of german guys out there that want me to look at their penis. They even resort to pleading in broken English. It's really, rather surreal. And then when I continue declining, they ask to see my muschi.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 20:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"muschi"? How 'bout "muesli," already chewed? [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2006 23:11            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
I have no idea why, but there are a whole lot of german guys out there that want me to look at their penis. They even resort to pleading in broken English. It's really, rather surreal. And then when I continue declining, they ask to see my muschi.

To quote Stan Marsh: "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with German people?" [Eek!]

(At least they're not trying to send you Scheisse videos...or are they?)

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture