homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Hard to go green

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hard to go green
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 13:04      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see the program about 'it isnt easy being green' tonight?

It made me think that the amount of effort and time it took for that family to build a waterwheel and about 100 meters of aquaduct with modern quiptment was ridiculous!

If you think about the Eygptions the Greeks the Romans all of these great civilisations could build huge and magnificant strucutres in only a matter of years!, if the modern public tryed to build somthing like this with the tools they used and manual labour they had to endure we would fail miserably to even get them standing, never mind keep them up for over 2000 years!,

It just proved to me how the modern labour is bone idle and igronant!

Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 14:33      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they had tons of time on their hands back then consideringthere was no internet.
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 15:36      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! We need to bring back those thousands of slave labourers that the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans had so we can build more aqueducts. I vote we start with the current US administration [Wink]

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 02:33      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldnt hurt there must be thosands of them rooting around just ready to be put onto the ship! lol...
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 04:26      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maybe.logic:
I couldnt hurt there must be thosands of them rooting around just ready to be put onto the ship! lol...

couldn’t
thousands
hurt.
There
them /doesn’t refer to anybody
rooting /WTF here is a list of possible definitions for rooting

To give audible encouragement or applause to a contestant or team; cheer.

Doesn’t fit /Me goes to the next definition of rooting.

To dig in the earth with or as if with the snout or nose.

Doesn’t fit /Me goes to the next definitions of rooting.

1. To cause to put out roots and grow.
2. To implant by or as if by the roots.
3. To furnish a primary source or origin to.
Doesn’t fit /Me goes to the next definitions of rooting.

1. To rummage for something: rooted around for a pencil in his cluttered office.
Doesn’t fit /Me finds no more definitions for rooting

Ship /

What ship??

Lastly, this sentence makes no sense.
Edit: I just realized after posting that he meant to say "It couldn't hurt." This is why you need to know how to spell people.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 05:25      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ARJ:
Yeah! We need to bring back those thousands of slave labourers that the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans had so we can build more aqueducts. I vote we start with the current US administration

This reminds me of one of the despair pictures that I currently have on my desk.

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 15:57      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canadiangeek:
This reminds me of one of the despair pictures that I currently have on my desk.

That's awesome.

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 12:21      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where I work, we have a lot of the actual "motivational" posters that the 'despair' posters satirise. I am considering sneaking this one in to see if anyone notices. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture