homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » I hate neighbours!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I hate neighbours!!!
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2006 07:51      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Ignoring air friction, the projectile would reach a height of about 37 km, 87 seconds after you fired the shot. It would take another 87 seconds to fall to its target. With a bit of careful management, you could be standing at your victims front door when the shot hit, providing yourself with a pretty good alibi.

But if you don't ignore air friction it will only achieve a height of 2 km. That being said because the initial velocity is several times the terminal velocity the "hang time" is still more than 40 seconds.

--------------------
Geordie

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted March 26, 2006 21:15      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LOVELY neighbors are currently blasting their stereo with the bass turned all the way up and it's 11:14pm. ARGH! I hate neighbors! [Mad]

P.S. With the exception of the nice, quite ones of course. [Wink]

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Danimal
Mini Geek
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2006 05:44      Profile for Danimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
How about being proactive? Bake a batch of cookies or make a good pie and go visit your neighbors. Make some smalltalk while you give them the baked goods, during which conversation casually mention the loud truck in the early mornings. Find out if there are extraneous circumstances and/or gently suggest that the truck is louder than they might realize. You could also recommend a good place to buy an inexpensive muffler.

Failing that, burn them in effigy.

Wow. For a minute there I thought I was going to vomit. [Smile]

--------------------
"Corporate America (or place your country here)" is one of those weird religions that still believes in human sacrifice.

Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2006 17:28      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad neighbors are a part of life I'm afraid. There are always worse neighbors, too.

When I was in high school in Kalamazoo, my best friend who lived three blocks away lived next to a serial killer. Of course, my friend didn't know this until after a lot of police showed up with guns next door. This killer and a buddy of his cruised strip mall parking lots, would abduct women, tie them to a 3'X6' hunk of plywood in the back of their van, tie a clear platic bag around the suffering women's heads and rape them as they suffocated.

But the killer never had a truck with a loud muffler that kept the neighbors up.

Still I get chills this creep lived so close. Finding out your neighbor is a serial killer really sucks.

Way long ago, when I was a Daddy, my son had an heirloom bible stolen from him by the fundamentalist "Christians" who lived next door to us. It listed five generations of marriages, births and deaths. They didn't think we were Christian enough to have a nice bible like that. I think they were pretty bad neighbors. When I read that the Afghan government wants to put to death a fellow who converted to Christianity, I think of those neighbors and I understand the Afghani sentiments.

I sold that house to two openly gay men. I warned them about the kooks next door, but the fellows seemed up for the challenge.

As for your neighbors Snag, here's how to deal with them effectively, without violence: Go out and buy yourself a cherry 1970 454 Monte Carlo, and grow a mullet. When truck boy starts up his car, go out and start your trailer park caddy, rev it really high. Then ask him, "Wanna go for pink slips?"

He should move away very late in the following night.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 03:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loud, inconsiderate, car-obsessed neighbors.
Doesn't all of Canada have that problem ? [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 05:04      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by: drunkennewfiemidget:
Is that you, Mr Quayle?

Nope, I'm a newish addition to this site.

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 06:51      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ha. No. My neighbours aren't bad. They're *mostly* quiet.

Only issue I have with my direct next door neighbours is we share a driveway, and they always park directly on the edge of their driveway, so when I pull in normally, leaving an even amount of space on either side of my driveway, I have to slink out of my car sideways without hitting theirs.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 11:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

Only issue I have with my direct next door neighbours is we share a driveway, and they always park directly on the edge of their driveway, so when I pull in normally, leaving an even amount of space on either side of my driveway, I have to slink out of my car sideways without hitting theirs.

<cluestick>newf, TFD was saying Canada has to deal with the US as neighbors. </cluestick>

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2006 12:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

<cluestick>newf, TFD was saying Canada has to deal with the US as neighbors. </cluestick>
I was well aware, but I was trying to resteer the thread from going down that path again, for fear of asm showing up, and making this another thread I'm forced to ignore from here on in.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 04:59      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont blame me because I love my fast, extremely loud (sounds like I have a hive of bees trapped in my exhaust pipe with) car and my insanely loud sound system with some 20, 12in subwoofers that produce absolute mind numbing bass from 15 to 5000MHz at dB levels only a jet engine can reproduce (and of course my buddies sound systems [Wink] ). Dont blame me because I dont trust anyone else in the world and I am the most important person I know, so I can treat everyone else like poo. Dont blame me because I seem to think that what I have to do today is that much more important so I feel the need to give every person that I pass on the freeway doing anything less than 100 mph the one fingered salute.

Dont blame me, Blame Cannada!

Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 07:39      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
tampoons in the gas tank...

I ROTFL when I read this!

I can only imagine the delivery apparatus involved....seems like it would have to be a bit more involved than the ole plastic applicator--but I bet it would be really fast!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture