homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Things I'd like Steve Jobs try to change at Disney (Page 2)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 
 
Author Topic: Things I'd like Steve Jobs try to change at Disney
JB
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 12:05      Profile for JB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MandysRad:
...It was the best week I've ever had with a box of cereal.... :::sigh:::

How do you make a box of cereal last a week? I mean, besides stuff like bran flakes, a single box of which can last for decades.

JB

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 13:10      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacMaster:

  • Get rid of the stupid 'Disney Vault.' Bambie II will only be avilable for 70 days. That stinks!
  • Get rid of Disney making all of their fun kids games PC only. The only game thats fun for the Mac is the Monster's Inc Scream team.
  • Make the Disney web sites more Mac compabitble. The movie club's website doesn't work in IE or Safari on OS X.


It's funny these are things you list.

#1: Why the hell is there a Bambi 2? Leave it alone.
#2: They need to stop turning every single movie into a half-assed computer/console game. Most of them suck.
#3: They need to stop marketing the hell out of every movie by making it and various things about it available in every tangible (and intangible) medium out there.

So if I got my way, it wouldn't even get to your 3. [Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 13:21      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
#3: They need to stop marketing the hell out of every movie by making it and various things about it available in every tangible (and intangible) medium out there.
But than how would they make their money?? [Confused]

Disney needs to have every product done this way to get the stupid parents to buy all of it for their screaming kids. I mean come on.....lets be real. Kids these days get WTF they want and that is why they are ungreatful bastards with no respect for anyone but themselves. [shake head]

*venting done

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:27      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
Kids these days get WTF they want and that is why they are ungreatful bastards with no respect for anyone but themselves. [shake head]

*venting done

You're absolutely right. People have *honest to god* given us BAFFLED looks when we go to the Disney store, and Rowan goes, "can we get this?" and I or Amanda will go, "no, you don't need that." and he goes, "oh, ok" puts it back, and we leave.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 18:21      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
quote:
#3: They need to stop marketing the hell out of every movie by making it and various things about it available in every tangible (and intangible) medium out there.
But than how would they make their money?? [Confused]

Disney needs to have every product done this way to get the stupid parents to buy all of it for their screaming kids. I mean come on.....lets be real. Kids these days get WTF they want and that is why they are ungreatful bastards with no respect for anyone but themselves. [shake head]

*venting done

Parents and their skills--or lack--create the ungrateful bastards. Pity those poor little pukes.
chilren are stuck with whatever rearing they get.

Newf It sounds like you guys are getting it right.
Those baffled looks probably hide the other parents shock at realizing there probably is a better way to parent.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
5
Icon 8 posted February 14, 2006 08:52      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids these days!!

The real issue I think is that parents are too caught up in giving their child the "perfect" childhood.

Playgrounds are now made out of recycled nike shoes so that when they do their "jump!! JUMP OFF!" the swing game they don't realize how much of a bitch gravity and concrete can be.

They want a toy? Sure! Let them have it! Don't make them earn it by doing chores like you had to do. Learning to appreciate the value of something that you've earned is waaaay to old school and if they break it or get bored of it within the first five minutes let 'em trash it! You can just buy 'em another and then worry about your bills!

Also, don't forget to tell your child that they're the best in the universe. EVERYTHING THEY DO no matter HOW MUCH IT REALLY SUCKS make sure that you tell them they're the greatest! That way they never have to motivate themselves to do better or work harder. They come home with a D from school? Give them a hug and say you're sure they'll do better next time. After all, you have no problem with them living at home till they're 45 do you?

/me gets off my soap box

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 10:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:

Newf It sounds like you guys are getting it right.
Those baffled looks probably hide the other parents shock at realizing there probably is a better way to parent.

I think they're more angered that a couple of early twenty-somethings have a better behaved child than themselves.. mid-30s soccer Mom's with their fscking sweaters tied around their necks and with names like 'Montana' for their children.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 14:28      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:

Newf It sounds like you guys are getting it right.
Those baffled looks probably hide the other parents shock at realizing there probably is a better way to parent.

I think they're more angered that a couple of early twenty-somethings have a better behaved child than themselves.. mid-30s soccer Mom's with their fscking sweaters tied around their necks and with names like 'Montana' for their children.
You got a problem with Montana, boy? [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Posts: 948 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 05:53      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MandysRad:
Kids these days!!

The real issue I think is that parents are too caught up in giving their child the "perfect" childhood.

Playgrounds are now made out of recycled nike shoes so that when they do their "jump!! JUMP OFF!" the swing game they don't realize how much of a bitch gravity and concrete can be.

They want a toy? Sure! Let them have it! Don't make them earn it by doing chores like you had to do. Learning to appreciate the value of something that you've earned is waaaay to old school and if they break it or get bored of it within the first five minutes let 'em trash it! You can just buy 'em another and then worry about your bills!

Also, don't forget to tell your child that they're the best in the universe. EVERYTHING THEY DO no matter HOW MUCH IT REALLY SUCKS make sure that you tell them they're the greatest! That way they never have to motivate themselves to do better or work harder. They come home with a D from school? Give them a hug and say you're sure they'll do better next time. After all, you have no problem with them living at home till they're 45 do you?

/me gets off my soap box

Hmm... you seem to move from very straight writing to very sarcastic writing, but I can't quite work out where. [Wink]

But you make a good point, and I agree with you.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 06:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:

Newf It sounds like you guys are getting it right.
Those baffled looks probably hide the other parents shock at realizing there probably is a better way to parent.

I think they're more angered that a couple of early twenty-somethings have a better behaved child than themselves.. mid-30s soccer Mom's with their fscking sweaters tied around their necks and with names like 'Montana' for their children.
You got a problem with Montana, boy? [Razz]
The state? No.

As a name for a boy? Absolutely.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 15:14      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:

Newf It sounds like you guys are getting it right.
Those baffled looks probably hide the other parents shock at realizing there probably is a better way to parent.

I think they're more angered that a couple of early twenty-somethings have a better behaved child than themselves.. mid-30s soccer Mom's with their fscking sweaters tied around their necks and with names like 'Montana' for their children.
You got a problem with Montana, boy? [Razz]
The state? No.

As a name for a boy? Absolutely.

I actually agree whole heartedly. The name works for busty polish women, but not for little boys.

(montana = mountains)

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Posts: 948 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged


All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 
 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam