homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » t.v news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: t.v news
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 01:11      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the one thing i most hate about the bloody news is that every story is a bad story. every story is a depressing story. every story makes the human followers scared and willing to believe anything from any politcal figure, who promises a quick fix. i hate how all the stories are twisted to seem worse then they actually are. i hate how figures and statistics are taken out of context to seem negative and relevant. [Mad]
i cant watch the news any more.

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 06:58      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okokok... here we go then.

Start an online community, where users submit their own news reports. It doesn't have to be big; it can just be someone talking about their local village show. It could be a video, an audio file or just some text. The one restriction is that it has to have loads and loads of metadata.

Now, people can also search for existing news, which is where the metadata comes in. They could filter by date to get recent news only, and by subject and by all sorts of things. It's all wrapped up in a nice open-source client, perhaps with RSS enclosures and so on.

So now people don't have to sit through the same news every day. Files are only downloaded when there are updates, and you get the news you want.

(Has anyone done this yet? I can't be the first with this idea...)

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:17      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that's just the local news!

Which is why I tend to get all the news I want from Slashdot and The Register.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:55      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fark.com
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 01:00      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tend to go on the register and the onion, its always funnier that way [Smile] and this is just the beggining... first the local news and then THE WORLD!!!! mu ha ha ha ha *cough, splutter, hack*

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture