homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » a

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 02:00      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 07:47      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kinguy:
Whatever happened to those old fun adventure like we had early on? ... I feel like I am completly missing out...

Well, DUH! Yeah, you completely missed out on all the great stuff from Infocom if you call those games "early".

There are ways to run the old Infocom text adventures on many platforms today that didn't even exist back then (maybe even mobile phones, too).

But if your graphics card has a higher resolution than your imagination (and VGA isn't all that high, heh), look up "Maniac Mansion Deluxe" and the "Fan Adventures of Zak McKracken". Last time I looked, LucasArts was still ignoring/benignly neglecting/tolerating these fan-made projects.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 10:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're looking for a legal copy, try eBay. Currently they have 19 copies of Grim Fandango listed. Most of the other classic adventure games can be found there too.

If you're looking for illegal copies, I'm not the person to ask.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 10:44      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a printout of the the origial fortran based Adventure from the 70's sitting in the attic somewhere. I should auction it off on e-bay to an eccentric collector.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 13:47      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may also be able to find them on Amazon. My mom borrowed my copy of Grim Fandango when I was half way through, I still haven't gotten it back.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2005 19:23      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah. Adventure games are classic cool, but I'll take SOCOM anyday. Just waiting to get my PS2 and tv down here and then SOCOM3 will be mine.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 05:53      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah! I forgot to add nethack!

Plus, there's even graphical versions if you want.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2005 13:23      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture