homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Fed up with politics!!! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Fed up with politics!!!
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 18:35      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And after the spanking the...uh, you remember right?
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2005 20:04      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap 100 replies. You started something Gladiator (Question for the forum historians what is the record number of replies) ... Ah politics a subject near and dear to my heart ...
One thing I notice here is that most non Americans are very vocal about how the US does things. It is clear that the UK and Australia has a superior history of human rights than the US ... NOT ! As a matter of fact a close look at any country will reveal corruption and repression of one group or another.
That said I also notice that a large number of Americans here are Left Liberal which means that anything done by the republican party is bad ... it doesn't matter what it is it's bad bad bad why because it is.
For the few right wing Americans here it's God Bless America love it or leave it.
The final result of all this bullsh*t is that alot of intelligent people are arguing about politics instead of doing something.

The truth is different problems require differnet solutions ... sometimes a liberal solution is best sometimes a conservitive solution ... most of the times a mix of both. Basically I feel that most Americans Red and Blue are decent people and all we see in the media are extremists from both sides feuling the division in this country.
Jello Biafra once said what we need in this country is a vote of no confidence during an election. If you don't like the 2 idiots they give you ask for two more until we get two people worth voting for. Every year I vote Libertarian and I'm told that I'm wasting my vote by both sides. How narrow minded is that ? I didn't vote for your party therefore it's a waste? Nice way to protect my freedom conservative. Very open minded liberal.
If every one stopped buying into this bullshit we would all be better off.

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2005 05:56      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The highest number of replies in a single thread would have to go to either Ask Zorro, or "What are you listening to?" (The latter had multiple incarnations, but they were all way over the mere 5 pages that this thread's just barely got.)
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 17:49      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would prefer to minimize politics until after I leave the military. It is just so hard to mix the two, not to mention I will be senior enlisted in about a year or two.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2005 17:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
The highest number of replies in a single thread would have to go to either Ask Zorro, or "What are you listening to?" (The latter had multiple incarnations, but they were all way over the mere 5 pages that this thread's just barely got.)

Hmm...844. "Men of GC Calendar" is just over 800. Given a choice of the two threads, I'd take the recent one in a heartbeat. (The former really became crap somewhere after the first few pages.) :shrug:

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2005 18:40      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Came late to this thread. I have to add something, bear with me please.

I was a soldier. Yes, we know signing up that we may be killed,wounded or in a position to do the same to someone else. That should not give politicians or civilians the idea that it is ok to throw our lives and dreams away for stupidity, lies, corruption or ignorance. "Aw hell, who cares, they knew that is what they are for" mentality makes me ill. Also, the torture and abuse cases are not all servicemembers. I, and I am sure most mentally stable servicemembers, feel torture and abuse is wrong and completely out of line and everyone involved should have received more and harder time. My god, all the valid moral considerations aside, the geneva conventions are one of the few things to hold onto if one of our servicemembers become pow. Ask Senator Mccain. Thanks. I'll hush now.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture