homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Quit blaming Blair; it was the Pythons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quit blaming Blair; it was the Pythons
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 05, 2005 16:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edit: Original link removed by author to avoid further potential emotional damage, with apologies for poor timing and taste.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 16:52      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't belive I forgot that one! It's on the same cassette as my the
'Cheese Shop' sketch. A cassette? It's a small plastic container
that holds two reels and a tape doped with a metalic oxide. You
know, for music or voice...

Oh nevermind. [Razz]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 19:04      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh nevermind", indeed...

I travelled on the Piccadilly line on Thursday morning, first day it re-opened after the so-called "7/7" bombings, it wasn't the 'historical significance' that struck me so much as noticing that all the platform ads were *exactly* a month old... Superficial? Moi? Hmm, quite possibly. Let you-the-reader decide. And let's see if I give a f... what you think.

"Weird weirdness in Weirdsville", as a friend of mine once said, a long time ago.

...You may or may not know or care that (in my copious amounts of free time har-di-har) I am the alleged webmaster for the Cheshire Federation of Womens Institutes (Google it yourself, you're so damned smart...)

Anyhow, part of this "voluntary work" of mine involves getting hold of the latest cover of the national WI magazine to post on the CFWI site. The image is usually sent to me by a lady named Diane... Somehow, and I don't know how, the subject of "7/7" (I hate that label) came up in our most recent email correspondence. It turns out she was in the second carriage of the Piccadilly tube that was bombed by those charming mediaevalist-islamo-fascists that we here in London UK have heard so much about just lately.

She escaped unhurt. And I am lost for words. I mean, what would you say to someone who, out of the blue, told you that? Although I've never met her and probably never will, I get the feeling that it's really, *really* done her head in. Mine too...

So there y'go, Ozzy Bin, *mate* -- I hope you're happy now, you got a result *mate*, hope you're feeling good right now. *Mate*. You and your little friends.

*Mate*.

...And they said that schoolyard bullying was pointless...

Sorry folks, but my sense of humo[u]r about this seems to have evaporated just lately...

/me crawls back beneath his favo[u]rite rock and slams the lid. Loudly.

Call me a party pooper if you must, "I ain't bovvered... Face... Look... Bovvered... al who?... Bovvered... I... Ain't... Look... Boverred... *I*... *Ain't*... *Bovvered*..."

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catherine_Tate_Show

Meanwhile back in reality: guys, I never thought I'd say this but the word uppermost in my mind right now is "crass".
Yes.
Sorry.
"Crass".
Or maybe even "tasteless".

<p class="unhinged">

Thank you and good morning.

/end class="humo[u]rless b*st*rd"

/me now patiently awaits vitriol, abuse and general trolling... (And do I *look* like I care what you think? Do I?)

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
postgrep
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 19:45      Profile for postgrep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, never be rude to an arab. Thats a good song, but cannot be the decomposing composers
Posts: 43 | From: my abode, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 00:15      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what hey-U is getting at. One effect of the London bombings has been a noticeable increase in racism and xenophobia of all sorts over here, so I too don't find that particularly funny at the moment. I want my country to stay tolerant and open. Otherwise the bombers have won a significant victory.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 03:38      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the biggest danger from the bombings is the risk of a rise in racism and particularly anti-islamic feeling as Cally said.

If we let that get a grip then the bombers have won a victory by increasing division and discord.

Now more than ever is time to "love thy neighour/be excellent to one another"

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture