homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » So, Kevin Rose leaves The Screensavers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, Kevin Rose leaves The Screensavers
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 15:13      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin Rose has left G4 to continue with his earlier show, thebroken and to start a new show called systm.

Those of you that have watched the first episode, what do you think?

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 17:12      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Leo. [Frown]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2005 17:46      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leo is not completely gone. He may not be on tv but you can still read his blog on leoville.com. Leo, Patrick, Kevin, Robert, and Yoshi all contribute content to twit.tv or thisweekintech.com. All of the content is free; however, they do accept donations. There are podcasts and the site is pretty much a blog that they all contribute too.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2005 10:14      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the new show, but wish him luck. I know he wasn't happy at G4. I hope Sara can get off if she wants to.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 26, 2005 10:42      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leo is still on TechTV Canada.. Call for Help, but yeah, it's long overdue to cancel G4, we never watch it anymore. [shake head]

The first episode of Kevin's new show is pretty neat and well done. The web-only thing is a brave idea... I wish them luck with this.

[thumbsup]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2005 10:46      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch TechTV religiously for quite a few years.

But since the merger I have watched about 5 minutes of the Screensavers. It just confirmed that G4 stunk. Sometimes I will flip over to see if maybe the old programming has returned. But, alas, it is not meant to be.

But on a brighter note. I can instead watch failed actors tell me about technology. [shake head]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2005 10:50      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, "Attack of the Show" (worst. title. ever.) is no Screensavers, for sure, but taken for what it is, it's not that bad. The first incarnation of the show, before Kevin Pierera was just terrible... the other host and Kevin Rose would just giggle and talk over each other. For some reason Pierera stablized that.

I watched the first episode of The Systm (sic), and was really impressed. It's very well produced, and looks like 'real tv'. We never really got to see Dan "FooFoo" Huard do much on TTV, so this is a great chance for him. I wish them luck with that and hope they can monetize it somehow.

I've been pretty lucky over the last few years to meet and work with a number of the TechTV expatriates, including Leo, Pat, Kevin (Rose), Sarah, and Jessica. They've all been super-nice to us and in Leo's case very gratious and helpful.

I wish Kevin much luck in his new gig, and I hope Sarah finds a way outta that place, and I hope they can find happiness.

=DB

...still watching Morgan on XPlay...

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Steven
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 16:16      Profile for Steven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was impressed with the first episode.

Looking forward to more.

Posts: 16 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2005 19:06      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
Leo is not completely gone. He may not be on tv but you can still read his blog on leoville.com. Leo, Patrick, Kevin, Robert, and Yoshi all contribute content to twit.tv or thisweekintech.com. All of the content is free; however, they do accept donations. There are podcasts and the site is pretty much a blog that they all contribute too.

He is actually still on G4TechTV, he does Call For Help 2.0, which is Canada only, which i find rather stupid

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture