homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Turtles Rage on Valentine's Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Turtles Rage on Valentine's Day
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 18:10      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I give my sweetheart a glorious-looking box of Turtles on Valentine's Day. I waited precisely after the the pizza was eaten, and the decaf was finished brewing. He opened it up, and both of stared in disbelief, and said "oh dear, that's... sad". [Frown] [Frown]

They changed the packaging!!! I was expecting a box of turtles all nestled in their little spots, looking delicious. Instead you open the box and find a handful of individually wrapped turtles just tossed in there all messy. It looked like a lame attempt to move the leftover Halloween Turtles.

I'm never getting those again. On Valentine's Day, it's all about presentation. [Mad]

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 18:49      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Nitro ______ I am truly sorry that your gift did not come out as you had planed, I often get my plans torn assunder but usually my wife says it's the thought that counts, Well I hope that all went well after the presentation., and both of you had a happy evening.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 18:50      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetheart =Snaggy? If not, do tell! [Wink]

Turtles... the pecan/caramel clusters covered in chocolate?

Here in PA Dutch Country/Amish Country, we sell road apples and fence fritters in clear plastic bags.

They're yummy! [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 20:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

Yes. *drool*

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I got a soft spot for turtles..

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 15, 2005 20:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily "sweetheart" saved the day with some beautifully presented and even tastier Lindt chocolate hearts. YUM! [hearts]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 21:33      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

Yes. *drool*

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I got a soft spot for turtles..

Turtles are covered with soft spots if you take their shell off.

/me dodges the PETA flyers

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 21:50      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here in PA Dutch Country/Amish Country, we sell road apples and fence fritters in clear plastic bags.

They're yummy! [Smile]

See, where I live, road apples are a very different thing: Moose or bear dung along the roadside
[Eek!]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2005 22:10      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In sixth grade we learned that the way to tell the difference between deer and rabbit dung is to eat it.

I'm still confuzzled as to which one tastes like Raisinettes.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2005 00:18      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That isn't true. Rabbit and deer dung are easily distinguished from each other, just by looking at them. Eating it is optional.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
suttsteve
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3448

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2005 05:49      Profile for suttsteve   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a minute, I thought you gave her a box of actual dead turtles.
Posts: 15 | From: Springfield, GA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture