homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Debate: Rob Enderle - Vegetable or Mineral?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Debate: Rob Enderle - Vegetable or Mineral?
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 09:39      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man who just doesn't get it. So - the question is, what fills his head? Rocks, or perhaps some slushy bran concoction? I mean, seriously - where in the hell does it come from?

I thi..AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! *THUNK*

HELP ME! MY iMAC FELL OVER AND I'M TRAPPED UNDER IT! COULD SOMEONE REMOVE THE SHARDS OF GLASS FROM MY INTESTINES?

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 10:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bonehead is almost as bad as John Dvorak. John Dvorak at least knows something about computers. Enderle is a misinformed, ignorant idiot.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 11:04      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me tell you a little something about living in "earthquake country". I don't know which part of California he lives in, but the majority of the state will never get an earthquake. I actually do live in earthquake country. I live in Richmond right on top of a fault line, and do you know how many earthquakes I've felt in the year and a half I've been here? None. There have probably been small ones that I didn't notice, or mistook for someone driving by with the bass up too high, but nothing that has knocked over anything.

I didn't read past the first page. Once I saw the earthquake argument I think I got a good feeling what the rest of the article would be like.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 12:09      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So - the question is, what fills his head? Rocks, or perhaps some slushy bran concoction? I mean, seriously - where in the hell does it come from?

Apparantly his head is filled with a sock stuffed with cheetos.

This PSA was brought to you by the power of fish and as the apple turns.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 13:05      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is he anyway?

And what *is* that weird moon-language he speaks?

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 14:31      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enderle is an ass of the biggest proportions

His brain is even less use than a "sock full of Cheetos" - at least you can eat them (hey, you *can* live on 'em, but they taste like sh*t) </crocodile dundee>

His head is filled with something which is far less use than veggies or rocks - even rocks have a use... Unrecyclable styrofoam chips maybe, useless, toxic and nearly indestructible...

I love ATAT and check it every day - it is my 2nd favourite site after GC....

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 15:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have agreed with his comments about the shuffle, before I got my iPod.

I've got the 40G model, and it's almost always set to 'shuffle', so the smaller storage space and lack of a display wouldn't change the way I use my iPod much, and I'd have a much smaller unit for 1/4 of the cost.

As for his other comments, well there's a bit of truth here and there, but overall, it's just another bucket-job from an anti-mac bigot.

I mean, really, when the worst thing you can say about the shuffle is that it's not as good as some products other manufactureres will be introducing One Day, that's really clutching at straws.

Then he claims that the mac mini is a con-job, as you'd need to spend extra on a screen, and thus end up spending more than a complete system from the likes of Dell. Until a couple of days ago, Dell Australia offered a basic PC package without monitor for about the same price as the Mac Mini, and it made the mac look like very good value for money indeed. Interestingly, Dell no longer offer that package.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 16:58      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 20Gb iPod ... is there anyway to mark files as off-limits to the shuffle? I have both music and audiobooks on it, and obviously shuffle only applies to music. I could just hit "next", but that seems unelegant.
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2005 17:59      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I managed to get a picture through the ingenous use of a drinking straw, bubblegum, a rubberband, and a trained squirrel.

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Groggle
Mini Geek
Member # 2360

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 28, 2005 19:21      Profile for Groggle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy's a Z- moron - he doesn't even register on the idiot scale.

Like someone else said - he's like Dvorak - only he knows less. (not that Dvorak knows much)

Posts: 77 | From: Calgary | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 02:26      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sumnchai:
I managed to get a picture through the ingenous use of a drinking straw, bubblegum, a rubberband, and a trained squirrel.

Nooooo, sumnchai is squished! Seriously, brilliant photo [thumbsup] - why don't you email it in, proof that wobbly iMac accidents happen? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture