homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » new sub-$500 Macs this January (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: new sub-$500 Macs this January
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 22:40      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Read this book, then take a bunch of acid and you'll see where I'm coming from

Hmm, I've got a bunch of lemon juice. Will that do? [Cool]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 22:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Only the band I was in actually sucked and sadly I didn't end up dead in a Paris hotel bathtub [ohwell]

Cap'n: Just where did you end up dead? [Wink]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 22:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spungo's sheep pen.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 22:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All together now: "E-w-e!"

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 08:30      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Only the band I was in actually sucked and sadly I didn't end up dead in a Paris hotel bathtub [ohwell]

Cap'n: Just where did you end up dead? [Wink]
In the far north.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the Cap'n, I wanted to be a Jim Morrison. I just didn't look that good in leather pants. I guess I could do a Derek Smalls in Spinal Tap.

Oh, if only I could have ended up dead in a Paris hotel. And idolized by virgin stoners everywhere. /Python moment

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Darren Duncan
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:56      Profile for Darren Duncan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the topic that the thread started with ...

As a follow-up to my original post, Apple has now sued Thinksecret for publishing confidential information, citing recent articles as the inexpensive Macs, and the new Office suite, and that this causes harm to Apple by lessening public interest when actual announcements come, aside from the giving competitors a leg-up thing.

See http://news.com.com/Apple+suit+foreshadows+coming+products/2100-1047_3-5513582.html for an article on this (2 pages).

Posts: 27 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 14:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing more lame than de-railing a thread, is re-railing one.

Back then I looked great in leather pants.....if I tried that now, I'd be arrested for smuggling plums.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Darren Duncan
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 15:10      Profile for Darren Duncan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not really.

Keeping discussions under a thread related to that thread is generally considered good forum etiquette, where readers can get a strong idea what is being discussed by the thread subject. Usually when one wants to have a protracted discussion on something completely unrelated, they start a *new* thread on that subject.

Moreover, my posting was closely related to this thread, so where is the best place to put it, if not here?

At least that's how things work with email discussion lists (which is where I do most of my online chatting), or on Usenet. And it makes perfect sense for web bulletin boards as well, which closely emulate Usenet or email in structure.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 15:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darren Duncan:
quote:
Not really.

Keeping discussions under a thread related to that thread is generally considered good forum etiquette....

You don't come around here much, do ya?

5 posts in 3 years. We have our own etiquette 'round these parts and it often involves puns, sheep, various members arses, derailing threads, grammar nazis, comma police and mother jokes. Sometimes we talk about Networks, PCs, Macs and the interweb(s).

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 15:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

5 posts in 3 years. We have our own etiquette 'round these parts and it often involves puns, sheep, various members arses, derailing threads, grammar nazis, comma police and mother jokes. Sometimes we talk about Networks, PCs, Macs and the interweb(s).

There goes the neighborhood! Who is going to believe that a bunch of geeks would be involved in having that much fun, Cap'n?

--------------------

Darren Duncan
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 17:16      Profile for Darren Duncan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Nice to see that this forum is healthy and active!

FYI, I have actually come to this site several times per week for at least the last 3-4 years, if not longer. I just mainly come to view the comics rather than take up site-specific discussions.

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 17:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh, Darren, don't let the Cap'n irritate you. He's just a crochety old geezer. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture