homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » I don't know what to think....... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I don't know what to think.......
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:09      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Full body shot

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a hoser!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:34      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
What a hoser!

Take off, eh
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:35      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Full body shot

I'd rather see the full money shot.

--------------------

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:51      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Full body shot

I'd rather see the full money shot.
Of me? But I'm not a sheep.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 08:55      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewe tease!

--------------------

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 09:37      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I would post this one from Rolling Stone. [hearts] [hearts]

-

[hearts] [hearts] [hearts]

--------------------

Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2004 13:45            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I've met Canadians from practically every province and territory and without fail they all pronounced "ow" words as "oo."

Actually, the Canadians I've worked with in the past (from Newfoundland and Nova Scotia, if memory serves) have tended to pronounce "about" more like "a-boat" than "a-boot." So the "ow" word sound replacement might sound more like "oh" than "oo." South Park was probably exaggerating for effect...
IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2004 12:08      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My undergrad research advisor was from Montreal. His accent was almost gone, but every now and then it came up. He pronounced "about" aboot, and every now and then dropped an "eh" at the end of a sentence. I met some anglophones from Quebec who were the same, and a couple dudes from Alberta who sounded like the stereotype we have down here. And froncophone Quebecois are something else entirely. And yes, you can tell the difference between a French accent and a French Canadian accent, especially if you ever get to hear the two right next to each other.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 03:17      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah, "a-boat" - that's cute! It's strange, but I've never noticed an accent in any of the Canadians I've ever met.

I don't know what kind of accent a Washingtonian has: no one's ever mentioned it. There are some things I, myself, pronounce weird though. Their occurance is intermittent, but it usually happens when I'm speaking fast, which I apparently do often. For example, Merlin would be "Merrlyn" and banana would sound a bit like "banyana" - the n-with-a-tidle thing. I'm sure that's partly to do with my [Peruvian] mother. Also, I sometimes pronounce cookie as "cUkie" and juice as "jEEUwse"... I don't know what that's all about.

As far as sexy accents:
1. Caught between German and Israeli/Jordanian
2. Irish
3. English
4. Greek

There are some really cute European guys, but the cutest guys I know are American and, oddly enough, all Jewish. I just saw a bunch of really *ehem* hot Jewish guys today playing swing music at the mall I frequent. Good lord, now that was "hottie overload"! It's a shame that religion does hold a lot of people away from otherwise great partnerships. [ohwell]

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 12, 2004 03:24      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
*Ahem* As far as 'hot chicks' I guess it depends on your definition. Me, I like girls who are cute, short, dark eyes and hair, muscular thighs and bum (figure skater/gymnast type body) and nasty/adventurous behind closed doors.

I wish more guys avidly sought after those characteristics [Frown]

quote:
Imagine Ashley Judd with a bit more meat on her bones. Then throw on some glasses like Tina Feys. *Grrrrrowl*
Ooh, that's a good one! I always thought Ashley Judd was a looker, but no one seems to agree with me.

And yes, meat on your bones is good and healthy!

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture