homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Goodbye and thanks to everyone... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Goodbye and thanks to everyone...
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 18, 2004 19:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I joined this site almost 3 years ago, my life was so different... I was different, the forums were different. It got me through some rough times during my divorce, and I had loads of fun. But I also had some heartache. I've always had trouble letting go of the past and moving on...and I feel I need to do this now to prepare for my new future. Not that I've been around much anyway but just thought I'd say a proper goodbye.

Thank you, Snaggy and Nitrozac for this site, for all the work you do. Thank you to everyone who has made me feel appreciated and special and who has given me support when I needed it. Thank you especially to Gmx, who was always there, no matter when or what; Dman, who never made me feel stupid no matter what inane thing I asked him about the computer; Zorro, who taught me everything I ever wanted to know about bdsm(strictly for my curious little mind-nothing practical!)and is perhaps the most brutally honest person I've ever known and Cap'n, who never missed a chance for an innuendo-or encouragement(naughty AND nice).. It was freeing to be who I was here.

Be well, everyone(I was gonna say, "be good", but why bother?? [Razz] )

Anyone who has my email, keep in touch once in a while, ok?

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 19:10      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:'( I hate to see you go!
It won't be the same without you!

We'll keep your seat saved for the occasional visit though? [Wink]

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 18, 2004 19:39      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snupy! don't even think about it! [Mad]

[Frown]

[Happytears]

snuptress, have great fun on your new adventure. You have made a thousand days brighter here, and are always welcome anytime!

Too bad you're gonna miss Allan's comic... [Razz]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 19:45      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aww...thanks, Snaggy-what comic????

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 20:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't leave....stick your head in from time to time and see what hijinks we are up to.

Snag: Nice trick with The JoyPoll!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 21:03      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come back and visit us snupy, good luck with all your future endeavours

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted November 18, 2004 21:09      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind words. Um...don't they have computers in the UK? [Confused] Just because you're changing countries doesn't mean you have to leave for good. [Frown] Don't say goodbye, say "I'll see you later." [Smile]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 21:10      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great comic, Snaggy! You must have been on the NY trip!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 18, 2004 22:11      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snupy...

You can't leave... we need you.... please stay [Frown] [cry baby]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 00:18      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Snups, wish you all the very best...
*internet hug*
[Smile]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 00:48      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so long and thanks for all the fish [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 01:18      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember snups, we do have computers in the UK as well!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 01:47      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snupes how dare you! Nobody gets out of here alive!

Well I'm sorry. I hope you drop by to stir things up occasionally. You are the best, and I'm glad you are heading this way.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 03:31      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do realise that the place won't be the same without you, don't you? [Frown]

Take care, hope things go well for you in your new life, and please drop by here every now and then and say hello!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 05:35      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
Remember snups, we do have computers in the UK as well!

Like this:
 -

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 08:20      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will be back snupy, or else we will come out looking for you.

Take care of yourself and bonne chance.
[Happytears] [hearts]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted November 19, 2004 08:24      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[cry baby]
Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 10:33      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tip of the hat to you, Snupy. Hopefully, once things straighten out, you'll be back. (As was the case with me.)

Be seeing you...

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 12:28      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fare thee well, Snupy. Fare thee well. [Happytears]
Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 13:52      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sniff* best wishes snupy!
I do hope you'll swing by once you've gotten settled [Smile]

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 16:11      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good God people don't be so pathetic! This wailing and weeping wont have any effect. Just grab her, tie her down and stuff a keyboard in her mouth to stop her screaming!

You aren't getting away from here so easily Snupes! [Wink]

What do you want, fame, wealth, world peace, a lot of bad sex?

We can work out a deal.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 16:51      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will keep a drink ready for you when you come back

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 23:09      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad sex is more of a threat than an enticement Cal.

I'll miss you snupes. Good luck with everything - you deserve it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 00:33      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Bad sex is more of a threat than an enticement Cal.

I was thinking it was an oxymoron, myself.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 07:41      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. Sex can be bad. And when it's bad, it's really really bad.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture