homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » DOMINO'S PIZZA SUCKS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DOMINO'S PIZZA SUCKS
cigars
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3066

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 16:17      Profile for cigars   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered a pizza at Domino's in Miami, Florida. Spoke to a lady named ROSA. Called her to confirm the order because she did not sound like she took it correctly the 1st time. She confirmed the order correctly. Well 40 minutes later it is delivered and it is wrong. Called her up and she said that she only charged for what she sent....so what's the problem? The problem is that the order is wrong! So she decided to yell at me and then hung up. The pizza sucked and the service was worst! NO MORE DOMINO'S PIZZA FOR ME....EVER!!!

--------------------
My Humidors

Posts: 4 | From: miami | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 17:31      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cause it is cheap arse pizza. So you get trash when you pay almost nothing.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 08, 2004 02:26      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in the UK all pizzas delivered by pizza delivery companies are horrible, flabby things with disgusting toppings. The frozen ones you buy from the supermarket are just so much better, cheaper and only take 15 minutes to cook from the moment you first turn the oven on. We like Dr Oetker which though not the best, only cost £2 a pop, and are a thousand times nicer than the ones delivered on a motorbike. Why does anyone with a freezer bother with them?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 08:24      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/edited and re-posted
Cal, Famous Moe's isn't too bad, the Southover Street branch has a Smart Car for delivery.

Not wanting to move the debate onto heavier ground (ok I do). I always steer well clear of Dominos Pizza. Their MD/CEO/owner, Thomas S. Monaghan, has allegedly given some unsavoury (pardon the pun) support to some elements in society.

He has (or does) fund several right-wing organisations, including those that he founded himself. He is allegedly a staunch supporter of militant groups that have in the past targeted and fire-bombed abortion clincs.

Web based reports can be found here, here, here and here. There are undoubtedly more out there for both sides of the arguement.

The third one looks on the allegations with a certain amount of scepticism, but then it would judging by the people who wrote the article.

I'm not saying don't buy Dom's Pizza, just check out some of the stories and make up your own mind.

PS
Apologies for hijacking Cigars' post, but he did start it by saying that Domino's sucked. I guess he/she didn't realise how much (in my opinion).

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 10:21            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A college dorm-mate of mine was always of the opinion that Dominos was the original "buy the pizza, eat the box."

They're not quite that bad, but I still prefer Blackjack Pizza (a local chain). The pizzas are great, and the price is reasonable, especially since they provide us with an inexhaustible supply of coupons.

IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 10:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jallino's is where it's at, though I'm not sure they exist outside of Boulder. :/

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 13:06      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had a good pizza since moving to the rural midwest a year ago. The best we have here is Pizza Hut, which is mediocre. So frequently I make my own, especially since every Friday night we have pizza.

If you're going frozen, and its just to quash those late night hunger pangs, you can't beat Totino's...$0.98 apiece at WalMart. [Big Grin]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 14:27      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Home made is great. You get to put anything you want on it. Well you can do that with a pizza place to but they usually only have a couple (Most of the time one) type of cheese.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 15:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto on the cheese.

You can also make better crust if you go homemade, and you can vary up the sauce more (I like a blend of tomato sauce and pesto). Making your own is more labor intensive, but, IMHO, very much worth it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted November 08, 2004 15:53      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most chain pizzas are, shall we say, xcgddghc***hh?!!

We have a reasonable local independent shop - but they don't really understand "deep pan" and for some reason here in the UK all of a sudden pizzas from everywhere seem to have decided that cheese don't matter, herbs are for woofters (faggots to you colonials) and why would you want to start with a layer of tomato....

Or perhaps I'm just becoming a *really* grumpy old man...

Probably the best pizza I ever had was from a small family run Italian pizza shop in (wait for it) Ambleside (Lake District UK). Full blown seafood (mussels, cockles, real anchovies (not the salted sort), tuna, prawns, squid, etc., proper cheeses on top and all based on a really good, well herbed, tomato paste base and a lovely soft bready deep pan base,,, Such a long time ago - I hope that they're still there...

I always have to add herbs, garlic and real cheese to the ones we buy these days - am I just getting old or is it really that "they don't make them like they used to?"

[Frown]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 16:17      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha!

That reminds me of a song our music teacher used to make us sing in grade 3.....Mr Brownless was his name, from somewhere across the pond.

quote:
In Dublin's fair city,
Where girls are so pretty,
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
As she pushed her wheelbarrow
Through streets broad and narrow,
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"!
Chorus:
Alive, alive oh! alive, alive oh!

2. Now she was a fishmonger,
And sure twas no wonder,
For so were her mother and father before,
And they each wheeled their barrow,
Chorus:

3. She died of a fever,
And no one could save her,
And that was the end of sweet Molly Malone.
Now her ghost wheels her barrow,
Chorus:

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2004 02:51      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Molly Malone, ah yes, the Tart with the Cart. Mind you, if that was really what she wore, it is no surprise she did die of a fever. [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2004 02:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me thinks back to beer-soaked university days .....

I believe there are some alternative verses to that song, which cast some light on the nature of the 'fever' she died from, and how she got it ....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 09, 2004 04:03      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
/me thinks back to beer-soaked university days .....

I believe there are some alternative verses to that song, which cast some light on the nature of the 'fever' she died from, and how she got it ....

Well knowing the Aussies I would not be surprised.

/me thinks back to a visit by an Aussie Rugby club and their version of Rolf Harris. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:29      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe....I can't stand their crap. My best friend opened up a lil' shop, so I go there. And yeah, yum. Not only is the food yummy, so is the staff!!! ^_^

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 07, 2004 11:53      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a place called "Cootie Brown's" nearby that has the best gourmet pizzas! I don't know if they are a chain, but they have a regular restaurant and a seperate specialty pizza area. Yum!

I have to agree about Domino's...they are a waste of time and money.

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 23:59      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to favor Chicago Pizza on Mass. Ave. here...it's a bit far on foot, but only a 10-minute bike ride across the Charles from my place of residence. Huge, gooey slices with thick, fluffy crust. [hearts]

When it absolutely, positively has to be delivered, though, like when it's raining or I'm at my boyfriend's and I'm too lazy to put pants on, Domino's has a new sort of pizza...it's thin crust, with a layer of cheese underneath, and another thin crust underneath that. It's rather good, though I like to add chili flakes to it.

(The boyfriend also lives in a largely Irish neighborhood; there's not much of a market for pizza there, somehow. Total drag, but at least there are pubs every ten feet.)

Groggle
Mini Geek
Member # 2360

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 08, 2004 08:56      Profile for Groggle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I order from Pizza 73 or Dominoes when I want a new garbage can lid ...

'cause there's some things even _rats_ won't eat

Posts: 77 | From: Calgary | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2004 09:48      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, we Call em Dominoes Death Discs... The give you teh runz...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2004 03:52      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, funny thing is that, for the moment, Domino's Pizza in Geneva is not too bad, actually, if it were not for the price, it would be good.

Of course the fact that they have a lot of competition here helps (over 100 pizza restarants for 400'000 inhabitants).

--------------------
Evil AI at work.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture