homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Favorite Classic Nintendo game (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Favorite Classic Nintendo game
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2004 07:40      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Sorry, I'm a Sega fan.

I still have my Genesis and a dozen games for it.

My favorite games for it are Mortal Kombat and Sonic the Hedgehog (the original, the one that came with the system, marked "Not for resale")

ABACABB

The other "The Code"

Bring on the blood!

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2004 11:43      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

quote:
Originally posted by Kwai:
i always loved Chrono Trigger, Beat that game so many time. it's unreal.

Sadly, I own that game, but I haven't had time to sit down and beat it. I'm sure I will one day.
Haven't had time? You can knock out that whole game a quick 24 once you have "new game +". I've only beaten it the first time once, and I stretch to think that it might take 40 hours to beat. Then after you beat it the first time, you can beat it the second time in an hour!

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 06:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, I don't have 1 hour to spare for video games at the moment, much less 40. I'd like to though, it's so peaceful to just sit in front of a screen and kill things. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Steven
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 17:08      Profile for Steven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
I've recently resurrected my game boy and am going crazy for tetris. It is the best game ever.

I agree. Tetris can keep me busy for many an hour even today.

Steven

Posts: 16 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 17:33      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh the zen of Tetris. For some reason, I am able to tune out everything else when I play Tetris. It's like I'm in the zone. I have a friend and we would play against each other all the time. He would try talking to me, tell jokes, make noises, fart, etc. anything to distract me. It never worked, I always whooped his tail. It was so funny because no one else could ever beat him, but I always could. My all time favorite game as well.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 24, 2004 23:17      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you Contra fans out there
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, A, B, Start...

all before the splash screen finishes loading....

The entire Zelda Series to current,,, I play "A Link To the Past on my self made (put two broken ones together, what can i say i like to fix things) GBA SP.

I also enjoyed SMB 1-3, Jackal, Strider, Cobra Command, Bionic Comando, All the mega man series especially 2.

Don' t have a lot of time to play thesedays, currently ensconsed in Crystal Chronicals and Zelda: Four Sword Adventures....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2004 06:26      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my SNES I own the most fantastical games in the whole world ever - "Secret of Mana" and "Illusion of Time". The last one being the only videogame (apart from FFVIII, obvs) to make me cry. And, also, is it the same as Illusion of Gaia, coz there's a Gaia-dude in the save space.

Whooo for retro games!

Ooh, ooh, also, Tetris owns. And also Zelda - Link's Awakening being the most rocking monkey of all the Zeldas.

Hurray for threads on games!

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted September 10, 2004 07:12      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best classic NES games for me was Super Mario 3 and also Contra. w00t [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wrote a song bout it, like to hear it....here it go

Posts: 47 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2004 07:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
On my SNES I own the most fantastical games in the whole world ever - "Secret of Mana" and "Illusion of Time". The last one being the only videogame (apart from FFVIII, obvs) to make me cry. And, also, is it the same as Illusion of Gaia, coz there's a Gaia-dude in the save space.

Whooo for retro games!

Ooh, ooh, also, Tetris owns. And also Zelda - Link's Awakening being the most rocking monkey of all the Zeldas.

Hurray for threads on games!

Illusion of Gaia and Secret of Mana were both EXCELLENT games.

No one has yet mentioned Earthbound (I think), which I thought was an excellent SNES game aswell.

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2004 12:57      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it is the same game then? [Confused]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted September 29, 2004 07:32      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I have one for you...does anyone remember the game show hosted by Alex in the 80's called Classic Concentration? I also liked that game for the NES. I am not sure why...it was basically a memory game and then you would have to guess the puzzle that was revealed. If you won the bonus round you could even win a car....a virtual NES car anyway. Anyone want the 1984 Chevy Chevette that I just won? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wrote a song bout it, like to hear it....here it go

Posts: 47 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2004 07:37      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! That game was awesome!

I won a 1990 Ford Tempo. I'll trade you!

I also liked the other gameshow NES games.
Jeopardy, Win Lose or Draw, etc.

Koeniou
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3024

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 04, 2004 16:40      Profile for Koeniou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually owned any consoles to play games on. But i used to play my friend's ones all the time.

Nintendo- Mario Cart- especially on rainbow road [Big Grin] , i liked Yoshi aswell

Gamecube- Soulcaliber II (? i think it's 2)That's great, just kicking the crap out of my friend Kate, but she plays it all the time & knows all of the special kicks and stuff, so she has an unfair advantage over me. I make up with it with brute force & ingorance, no finess involved

Posts: 10 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 19:28      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SM3. No question. Duck Hunt was OK - not that it was a great game, but it was a fresh idea. And I still stay awake at night sometimes, wondering how the gun worked. I should look it up sometime.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 09:45      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
teenage mutant ninja turtles all the way baby.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 14:15      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMB3 was my favorite. I could sit for hours and play that.

Currently I'm trying out GTA SA to see if I like it or not. Don't really care for the Sims-twist that RockStar has put on it.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 08:16      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magefile:
SM3. No question. Duck Hunt was OK - not that it was a great game, but it was a fresh idea. And I still stay awake at night sometimes, wondering how the gun worked. I should look it up sometime.

I can help you on the "how the gun worked" - one only have to know how a tv work: lines and lines of pixels lighting up many times a seconds. Then add a little gun with a light-catching device. By calculating the exact time the device "sees" the light from the screen, the game knows where the gun is pointing on the screen.

Now, point the gun to another source of light (like a standard ceiling light fixture, lighted up of course), "fire" quickly, and you will hit the duck just the same 2 out of 3 times. I wasn't a very good shooter, you see! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 09:34      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zelda games are classic.
Having purchased my GBA SP, I've been playing Donkey Kong Country a lot...(even though it was originally for the SNES...and I beat it in fourth grade...) I love it. But...then again....I love most video game genres....
Yay diversity.

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2004 07:14      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
I'm actually in the rare minority that liked super mario 2... how could you not like uprooting radishes and jumping into strange clay pots with brown masks chasing you?

Seriously. SMB2 was my favorite, mostly because you could play as practically anybody. (I tended to favor Luigi or Toad when I was a wee Moz.)

Contra 2 is a big favorite of mine, too, as well as Fester's Quest, and the Tiny Toon Adventures game. (Hey, I was six. Fight me.) I wasted many a long afternoon on Dr. Mario, and Tetris of course.

Luckily for me, my NES is still operational, so I can continue to feed the addiction. [Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture