homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » Am I the only man in the world who thinks Cameron Diaz is kinda ugly? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Am I the only man in the world who thinks Cameron Diaz is kinda ugly?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 02, 2004 19:42      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, as this seems to be a pressing issue, worthy of discussion. [Razz]

She was hot in The Mask, but then got too thin or had work done or something. [evil]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 20:23      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My initial gut reaction was: Who the hell is Cameron Diaz?? I guess I just don't keep up with these celebrity types. Let me find out and I'll give you an opion.

**surfs to google image search**

Yeah, I think I'm going to agree here. Something looks less-than-pleasing to the eye there. Oh well, looks can't be judge of personality (although I have no clue how personable she is either...)

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 20:26      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, Cameron Diaz is not even on the radar.

Lucy Lui and Drew Barrymore on the other hand........

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 20:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diaz is ugly and annoying. Her acting chops consist of one meager talent: shaking her (non existent ass) around in every movie she has ever done

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 20:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Her acting chops consist of one meager talent: shaking her (non existent ass) around in every movie she has ever done

And thus began the great "Cameron Diaz, MTB Babe, are they the same person?" debate.....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2004 22:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Her acting chops consist of one meager talent: shaking her (non existent ass) around in every movie she has ever done

And thus began the great "Cameron Diaz, MTB Babe, are they the same person?" debate.....
You may be right old chap!

Diaz: No ass

MTB: No one has ever seen her ass

Could they be the same person? Has anyone seen them together?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 01:22      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Diaz is ugly and annoying. Her acting chops consist of one meager talent: shaking her (non existent ass) around in every movie she has ever done

That is unfair. While at first I thought she was just another model turned actress, she proved to be a talented comedienne who stole My Best Friend's Wedding, and as a star who made it on looks she has very little vanity as an actress (see Being John Malkovitch) . She has not been associated with many outright turkeys, so she seems to be quite good at picking roles. I agree with Snaggy that she has lost the drop dead gorgeous looks she had in "The Mask", but she has an engaging personality, talent, and is still good looking.

I like her.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 02:15      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes she's a good actress, yes she's very pretty - but I, too, fail to see what the fuss is about (although I wouldn't neccessarily kick her out of the sack for spilling cookie crumbs... and yes, I know - that's about the only reason why she'd be there).

And another thing - that Jaylo - or Day-glow, or whatever that Jenny-who-looks-like-Spock woman calls herself these days - what's the big deal? In my book she mings big time - she looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

Anyway - beauty is only skin deep... and that's why God gave us the scalpel! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 02:26      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
And another thing - that Jaylo - or Day-glow, or whatever that Jenny-who-looks-like-Spock woman calls herself these days - what's the big deal? In my book she mings big time - she looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

Agree with you on that one? BLEH! I really don't see anything in her at all, and her attitude doesn't help either - she should be melted down and made into a second Natalie Portman who I could keep.

While on the subject, have any of you UKers seen the Lux advert currently running in cinemas and on TV? If so, can you settle an argument I was having? I claimed that the girl in the shower at the beginning is actually far finer than the woman she turns into, that one from Sex In The City who's name I can't remember. But my friend was claiming that I only liked her because she was showing off her legs in the shower at the begining, and the Sex In The City woman is better. Any comments?

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 11:14      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most hollywood actresses are too skinny, with bones sticking out everywhere. That diaz chic looked good in one or two movies but something did happen to her - she is a block headed looking thing now. Maybe she lost bodyweight which made her head look enormous - It has it's own satellite, for cryin' out loud!
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 11:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Cameron Diaz looked pretty good in Shrek. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 11:22      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I have a bit of a dislike for Drew Barrymore as well. She's got this very 'annoying, snooty, French model' thing about her, and just isn't that attractive to me. Diaz is just a ditz.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 11:41      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she was HOT in Shrek2 [crazy] [Roll Eyes] [Wink]
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 16:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still saving myself for Jessica Rabbit ......

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 16:21      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she was amazingly hot in the mask but then it was downhill after... what a pity

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2004 21:55      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's OK Mephisto....make her wear the mask all of the time [Wink]

Oh you mean the movie........... [crazy]

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
GVCarroll
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1346

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2004 13:34      Profile for GVCarroll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
She was hot in The Mask, but then got too thin or had work done or something. [evil]

Natalie! Natalie! Natalie! Natalie! Natalie!
The Alpha and Omega of Hollywood actreses in my book. [hearts]

Posts: 30 | From: Maine | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2004 13:39      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:

While on the subject, have any of you UKers seen the Lux advert currently running in cinemas and on TV? If so, can you settle an argument I was having? I claimed that the girl in the shower at the beginning is actually far finer than the woman she turns into, that one from Sex In The City who's name I can't remember. But my friend was claiming that I only liked her because she was showing off her legs in the shower at the begining, and the Sex In The City woman is better. Any comments?

Yes, seen it. (If it's on yonder telly and it's got norks - nuff sed). And you're right - aforementioned skirt is crumpet and a half, whilst Sarah Jessica Parker is a hairless pony (but you still would, ennit?)

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2004 13:46      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by if it moves I'll fuck it spungo:
[QUOTE]Yes, seen it. (If it's on yonder telly and it's got norks - nuff sed). And you're right - aforementioned skirt is crumpet and a half, whilst Sarah Jessica Parker is a hairless pony (but you still would, ennit?)

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
industrialdoll
Geek Larva
Member # 2798

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2004 22:21      Profile for industrialdoll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something that usually gets mentioned about her in tabloids and whatnot is her bad skin! i see candid pics of her and her face is in terrible shape! promo pics of her are okay. it basicly shows me that she is human and she DOES get touched up... reminds be of Britney Spears's candid pics vs. her promo shots. big difference between the two!

--------------------
Belive in yourself, if not, you dont exsist

Posts: 26 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 23, 2004 18:45      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd take her over the self-absorbed Kirsten Dunst anytime-did anyone else see the Jay Leno show where she tried to humiliate Olivier Martinez because he didn't know that "Deutschland"(sp?) and "Germany" were the same place? What a snooty bitch! He showed class by simply saying he was not as well educated as her, and that he learned on "the streets".

And, btw, what's the fuss over Uma Thurman, too?? I've read several times about how "beautiful" she is, and I think she's rather homely.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 18:50      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
And, btw, what's the fuss over Uma Thurman, too?? I've read several times about how "beautiful" she is, and I think she'sw rather homely.

Yeah, I'd say the same about Carrie Anne Moss, she needed to be in skin tight PVC to boost her attractiveness factor in the Matrix series. I guess it's just the "butterface" principle in action.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 19:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a quick Google image search turned up the following page as having both of them:
http://www.onthefringe.org/8x6/actresses.php

You be the judge - personally, I rather dislike Cameron, and think Kirsten looks a heck of a lot better. Now, it wasn't nice to insult the guy, but since I had no idea who he was, I did a Google search, and on his IMDb page, I see he's from Paris. Maybe I'll come across as mean, or a loser, or something, but I find it less likely that someone from France (and in general Europe) would have never heard of "Deutschland" and "Germany" as related concepts. On second thought, if he deals mainly in French, perhaps he hasn't heard the words much before, so I don't know.

Seeing the Google found page, it's probably far better to go with Alyson Hannigan instead [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . Mmmm, geeky Willow...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 19:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Now, it wasn't nice to insult the guy, but since I had no idea who he was, I did a Google search, and on his IMDb page, I see he's from Paris. Maybe I'll come across as mean, or a loser, or something, but I find it less likely that someone from France (and in general Europe) would have never heard of "Deutschland" and "Germany" as related concepts. On second thought, if he deals mainly in French, perhaps he hasn't heard the words much before, so I don't know.

Oh give the guy a break, he's a frenchie, so he's used the thinking of the place as "Allemagne" (apologies for possible mis-spelling), he's being interviewed in English, and fails to make the link "Germany" == "Deutschland" == "Allemagne"

I have enough trouble getting my thoughts straight in one language, he's tripped up while trying to do it in 3.

On a side note, I've always thought the only correct name for a place is what the locals use, we should all be calling it "Deutschland" IMHO

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2004 20:17      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree with you there TFD, except I have some major issues saying "China" in Chinese.

Hell, I can't say "Danmark" properly either. I felt kinda lame until maswan told me that I need to fill my mouth with porridge first. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture