homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » George Foreman Grill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: George Foreman Grill
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 13 posted April 12, 2004 13:15      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I was finally let down by ol' George, One of My grills stopped working. It was the $100 variety and I olny had it 2 years. After taking it apart, the problem turned out to be a $1.50 thermal fuse. I wonder how many grills were thrown away or taken to a rapairman for a simple and cheap fix. It works great now but I am wary of the craftsmanship of the grills now. I bought extra fuses just in case.
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2004 16:40      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I trust Zorro, that you do not use this item for anything so pedestrian as food preparation....

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted April 12, 2004 18:00      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, but I only use it for cooking. I like it even more than the microwave.
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2004 22:53      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
well I was finally let down by ol' George, One of My grills stopped working. It was the $100 variety and I olny had it 2 years. After taking it apart, the problem turned out to be a $1.50 thermal fuse. I wonder how many grills were thrown away or taken to a rapairman for a simple and cheap fix. It works great now but I am wary of the craftsmanship of the grills now. I bought extra fuses just in case.

I wouldn't trust anything endorsed by a man who named all of his sons george.

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2004 02:55      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted one some time ago, but the dyslexic sales assistant gave me a George Formby grill instead. It's no good for cooking - it just sits there and goes "Ooh - it turned out right nice again, eh, Mrs?"

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2004 12:54      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
I wanted one some time ago, but the dyslexic sales assistant gave me a George Formby grill instead. It's no good for cooking - it just sits there and goes "Ooh - it turned out right nice again, eh, Mrs?"

don't forget about the window washing attachment

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 14, 2004 06:21      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slip us a pony and I'll let you 'ave this luvly George Coleman grill, no questions asked - nice little runner, and it comes wiv a free sheepskin jacket, 'ow's about that then eh?
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 06:33      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or perhaps sir would like a George O'Dowd grill; you can brown your meat in it [Eek!]
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 14, 2004 07:09      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or a George Michael grill, if you like getting your meat out in public...
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 14, 2004 07:11      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or a Milos Forman grill: bit erratic, but produces the occasional populist masterpiece!

okay, I'll stop now [Embarrassed]

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 09:20      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or a George Bush Grill. It comes with a free blood soaked barrel of Iraqi cooking oil.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 10:04      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or a hairy bush grill, it's a great place to...

ok i'll shut up

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted April 14, 2004 18:36      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the burning bush grill is just divine
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 20:44      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blasphemy, I say! [Wink]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2004 09:15      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or even just the plain 'ol Bush grill.

It's got a machine head!

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
stimpy
Newbie Larva
Member # 2356

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted May 12, 2004 15:52      Profile for stimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for after the bris, the George Foresk...Oh, I just can't do it... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5 | From: Jackson, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2004 17:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stimpy:
And for after the bris, the George Foresk...Oh, I just can't do it... [Roll Eyes]

That joke was cut short....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2004 18:08      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, very snippy.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 11 posted May 12, 2004 19:39      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd be surprised to know that Foresk... IS actually someone's LAST NAME!

Edit: Sorry for being such a dickhead, in my rush to tell everyone about that, I missed the puns.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pitr Dubovich
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2756

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2004 07:46      Profile for Pitr Dubovich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine if Mike Tyson did one though:

HI I'm Mike Tyson here with my Lean Mean RAGE INDUCING grillin' machine! It does all your favourite treats, burgers fish EVANDER HOLYFIELD'S EARS! BUY ONE TODAY YOU MUTHAF**KER!

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 2 posted June 09, 2004 09:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now imagine if Pitr Dubovich did one.

It would be the "Pitr Dubovich Lean, Mean, Necro posting machine"

For fuck sake man, quit waking these old threads up.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
browser8
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2004 18:14      Profile for browser8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:

Could you share what the thermal rating was on the fuse (or possibly the radio shack part number). The same thing has happened to mind but the numbers on the fuse are not legible any longer.
Posts: 1 | From: Houston Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 14 posted July 04, 2004 06:35      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lmfao.

no other board is as funny.

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture