homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Rants, Raves, Rumors!   » The Completely Random Thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: The Completely Random Thread
NetwerkGuy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2475

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2003 09:59      Profile for NetwerkGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a stuffed monkey sitting on my monitor looking at me.

--------------------
If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 49 | From: /dev/null | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 3 posted December 23, 2003 10:02      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NetwerkGuy:
I have a stuffed monkey sitting on my monitor looking at me.

Don't pull its tinsel, either. Just... don't. Do monkeys eat tinsel? Bet you didn't know chimpanzees are cannibalistic. That was a bit of a surprise and disappointment Jane Goodall found out...

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2003 10:26      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
I just revamped my sister's site!! [Big Grin]

Um, just a comment from a paranoid old man, but your sister is a babe, and she's put her photos and home address on the web.

I know Druid.....didja check out the arse on 'er?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted December 23, 2003 11:58      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't come close to mine cap'n

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 23, 2003 12:07      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RRRAAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDDDDOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!

giraffe's are not as chocolatey as they appear to be, when the room is upside down you have had enough bleach to drink, cats don't always like having their paws sawn off with rusty candle-holders, chips can taste much nicer when you unfreeze them, the majority of accidents happen on purpose, wax should not be used as a food group no matter what the leprechauns tell you, there are no little people inside your television, they are cleverly disguised penguins, and finally when the glass is half empty there isn't enough in it.

aaaahhhhh..... oh, i liiike this thread...

love from the tin, Spoonie [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
alphacomp
Mini Geek
Member # 1482

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2003 18:22      Profile for alphacomp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems like a perfect opportunity to quote that loveable, always-random, Turing-Proof AI known as megaHAL.

"ONE FOOT IS BOTH THE SAME BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A WET NOODLE."

"JESUS IS THE BEST RADIO PRODUCER IN THE BEANS. WE NEED SOME SALIVA AND PICKLES TO GET MAD."

"FUNKY DIVAS ATTEMPT TO ROUND UP CERTAIN SMALL CHILDRENS' TOYS SMATTERED UP WITH TINY RAINMAKER COMPACT DISCS SENT UP AS SPUTNIK WAS SUMMARILY DESTORYED BY THE FACT THAT DUCKS ARE QUITE COOL."

There are more quotes right here.

-alphacomp

--------------------
---"More power to your elbow!"---

Posts: 59 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 23, 2003 19:01      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sung to the same tune:

bahh bahh black sheep have you any wool?
yes sir, yes sir three bags full

up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky

now I know my A, B, C's
next time won't you sing with me

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 23, 2003 19:44      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random? /me fires up the infinite probability drive. beware of falling whales.

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2003 12:25      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Rides in on his Giant hampster of doom*

*Distributes free multicoloured turtles to everybody*

*Rides of into the sunset...*

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 24, 2003 12:29      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MULTI-COLOURED TURTLES!!!???

they are just so much better than the regular polka-dotted ones...

[Big Grin]

on a side-note... can we make the room look festive? here... i brought a tree! *sets up 3 foot high tree*

dammit, it looked bigger further away... [Smile]

*throws tinsel and beady things all over tree*

there... *steps back to admire work* [Smile] does anyone have an angel or a star...?

love from the tin, Spoongirl

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2003 14:40      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm I think I can help...

*shoves tree in extreme foreground so it looks 300 feet high then gives a seraph a christmas tree enema*

there we go! [Big Grin]
code:
    o
'(^)'
/ \
/ \
/--|--\

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2003 23:27      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ordinarily I wouldn't post this without a link, but this is the random thread.

This whole thing about trees looking bigger from farther away and pushing it into the extreme foreground reminds me of two things.

1) That Simpsons episode where they get on a train and a hobo tells them tall tales. Homer is Paul Bunyan and Marge thinks he's such a handsome man when he's really far away and she thinks he's normal sized.

2)That Foxtrot comic strip where Jason and Marcus are building a giant snowman out of a snow-covered hill and various sized buttons. They're planning on scaring the mailman and Jason remarks "Forced perspective is an underused art."

Yeah, that's it. [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 09:44      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are selling the Matrix comics! Finally after the time I spent on the website reading all of the comics they release the book so I can read them at school when nothing is happening (always).

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 10:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://homepage.mac.com/dataguy42/pel/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 11:16      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo sueño que estoy aquí
De estas prisiones cargado,
Y soñé que en otro estado
Mas lisonjero me vi:
¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
Una sombra, una ficción;
Y el mayor bien es pequeño
Que toda la vida es sueño
Y los sueños, sueños son.

--Pedro Calderón de la Barca

--------------------

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 19:10      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randomness:
I LOVE MY NEW SKIS!!!!!

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted December 30, 2003 21:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARRRGGGGGG!!!

I finally saw XMen 2... [Mad]

ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!
killing off Jean Grey under a wall of water is COMPLETE sacrilege and so totally wrong since any geek worth his X-weight in comics knows she died piloting a space shuttle through a lethal solar radiation storm, and the FIRE imagery of that "death' led itself so wonderfully to the Pheonix-rising-out-of-the-ashes theme.

[Mad]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 21:36      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edit: post moved to a more appropriate thread
insert randomness:

I just got a new 2004 civic coupe [Big Grin] my first new car!! It's technically called nighthawk black pearl, but to put it into realistic terms it's the color of midnight, black at first glance but with a tinge of blue if you look close. Need a name now...

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 22:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orpheus: Sweet! Congrats on the new car [Smile] . I love my '02 Corolla - after hanging out with my friends here for quite awhile, it sort of naturally came to me to call it "Corolla-san."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 22:12      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love my bike so much, that i'm stencilling the standard of rohan onto the seat while the frame's in the shop. god, i'm a loser.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 22:17      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was this one time....at band camp....this guy....he swallowed a thumbtack.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 05:08      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
http://homepage.mac.com/dataguy42/pel/

They missed ne1. But they made up for it by banning peeps twice.

On a related note, is there some sort of conspiracy to prevent the full spelling of the word thanks on IRC? Even people who don't use any of the other banned words almost invariably end up saying tnx or thnx or some other variation. It's distressingly common, to the point where I'm really starting to think it's become a cultural identifier.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 11:27      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After weeks (or maybe a month or more) of cursing the damned F#m chord (a rather common "bar chord" in the standard chord progression for the key of A), I had a revelation while lying in bed this morning.

"If I capo 2, I can play it in G. And I can play anything in G!"

Sounds of "If I had $1000000" rang through the house for over an hour this morning. Man are my fingers sore! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 23:23      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i played a song in F#m. It was confusing, stupid e sharps... it was a beautiful song, but very difficult. this is my new project which is scarier than the last, but i think i can manage.

--------------------

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2003 23:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#random();
http://wmbiff.sourceforge.net/manwmbiffrc.html

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture