homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Has anyone noticed this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone noticed this?
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 10 posted July 09, 2010 16:07      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Before iOS4, when I put my iPhone into Airplane Mode the little orange plane just kinda..appeared.
Now, in iOS4, when I switch to Airplane Mode the little orange plane flies in from the left. And when you switch out of Airplane Mode it flies off to the right. Brilliant! [crazy]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 09, 2010 17:42      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Nice plane spotting!
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 20:04      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Very cute. It's those little touches that make me like Apple stuff so much. Every time Microsoft tries to ape something like that it just feels wrong. Maybe it's just me.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 20:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
Every time Microsoft tries to ape something like that it just feels wrong. Maybe it's just me.

<thinks>Clippy.</thinks>

No, it's not just you.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2010 06:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, be fair. Clippy was not copied from anything Apple did. Clippy is the bastard child of Microsoft Bob and some part of management that is absolutely certain that people want animated helper characters to interrupt them.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2010 11:34      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My original iPhone (OS 3) does the same, but perhaps I'd better get an iPhone 4, just to check that there's no difference.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted July 14, 2010 12:14      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Now, be fair. Clippy was not copied from anything Apple did. Clippy is the bastard child of Microsoft Bob and some part of management that is absolutely certain that people want animated helper characters to interrupt them.

Heh. Clippy (and simile) are a case of "Let's add bells and whistles - just cause we can" bad design. Remember the '90s on the Internet, when the ability to add animations and sounds came out? Well, you know where MS takes its interface designers. [evil]

(Perhaps even the work of the guy who submitted his resume disguised as a dynamite stick! [crazy] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture