homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Could I please have one of these?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I please have one of these?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 18, 2010 07:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPITFIRE!

-

http://www.supermarineaircraft.com/Mk26B.htm

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 09:26      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ One of those, A P51, & a YAK Any or all. I would go finish my pilot education.

____ Update to above, While in the service of my country I did get a huge amount of stick time in this very plane.

____ Good thing the government was buying the gas, these things drank a lot of gas during a flight. The first Pod you see is a radome, the one under the fuselodge is a 300/gal drop tank, plus another 275 in the body.

[IMG] http://www.reenactor.net/vaq-33/images/spad/spad_132506.jpg [/IMG]

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 17:12      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WANT!, That and a B-17

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 20:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the 21st Century, we're all supposed to have one of these...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2010 07:36      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want these as toys!!!

-

B-52

And

CV-22 Osprey

-

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2010 10:08      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather have a human-pilotable version of this.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2010 00:23      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sproket____why would you need those thigns unless you were planning on overtaking a country and killing alot of peopel in the process. Plus, do you know how much fuel those things probably burn??

I heard that they are building a helicopter engine that runs on diesel. I want one of those. i don't know how much aviation fuel costs but I betr it is alot more than diesel.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2010 05:55      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Sproket____why would you need those thigns unless you were planning on overtaking a country and killing alot of peopel in the process. Plus, do you know how much fuel those things probably burn??

I'd have the Osprey so I could fly around in it pretending it was a Firefly.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2010 06:35      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:

I'd have the Osprey so I could fly around in it pretending it was a Firefly.
I hear the fly by wire tends to flip out and the ship flips over and crashes, ever so often, so I would wear a crash helmet.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2010 07:13      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me Straps on his helmet

I will have to do that!!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture