homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Test your Color IQ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Test your Color IQ
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 08, 2008 12:56      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site is pretty cool. You have to arrange color blocks along a spectrum from one hue to another (4 rows).

On this test a zero (0) is considered perfect. Mrs Tweety scored 0, I scored 4 (quite disappointed, but I did rush through it).

Take the test and share!

Test Your Color IQ

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 13:15      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ughhh! My eyes hurt! I got a 26!!! What is up with that???

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 14:12      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 32... and a headache! [Razz]

But seriously, the test reckons I have the lowest discrimination between greens and blues. But I knew this already, as blue/green colour blindness is a very common form (although also very mild) in men.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 14:52      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
16. I knew some were wrong when I submitted, but I couldn't work out which way to move them.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 15:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I thought I had it nailed. [ohwell]

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 16:56      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12, but I have troubles with pinks and light greens, I always have.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 19:27      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a 7. [Big Grin] And my wife says I am bad at matching colors. HA!

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2008 21:06      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11 here. x-rite is a few miles from where I live. I applied there once, but they were looking for sales reps, that's not me.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2008 02:47      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 - I was surprised to get a good result as this was on a 5 year old G4 iMac, whose screen looks slightly washed out compared to newer Macs. Maybe I was lucky.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anovadea
Geek Apprentice
Member # 15588

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2008 15:32      Profile for Anovadea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0, and I thought I was going to get some of the subtle ones wrong (I don't hold much stock with my eyesight). Still, for the programmers out there, just think bubble-sort [Smile]

Oh, and as for the blue-green thing - when I "studying" psychology, they told us it is something that's difficult to differentiate, even to the point that the Irish and the Welsh used to have the same word for blue and green. (The funny thing is, when the languages were changed to incorporate these new colours, we reused the word differently, we took green, they took blue - it'd be awfully confusing if I ever decided I was going to learn Welsh)

Also, it's more difficult to tell apart because we have significantly fewer blue-receptive cones in our retina.

Still, really cool test. [Smile]

Aoife

Posts: 46 | From: Dublin | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2008 17:47      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ TheMoMan Here __ Well the old fart here got a 99 I never said I could match colors. But I can pick out a life raft on an ocean.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2008 18:00      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____________________ TheMoMan Here __ Well the old fart here got a 99 I never said I could match colors. But I can pick out a life raft on an ocean.

Probably more important. BTW – I worked on MSAR/NAVSAR, but those dirty bastards at NAVOCEANO took it away from us. But, that was years ago.

Sometimes I miss actual development work. Hmm … off topic now, and it's my topic.
[crazy]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2008 06:45      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it a few times. Best: 8, worst: 15. I found that it helps to look away for a few seconds, then look back quickly; the misordered colors tends to stand out more than just staring at them.

And Calli, the fact that your screen isn't that good wouldn't change much, since all the colors used are tertiary and muted. Thus the are all affected in the same way. You may have ordered a different colors than you would have on a good screen, but the order didn't change.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2008 13:16      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 33! But I have always been colour challenged!
I found it difficult due to astigmatism. All the wavy lines. Wheeee!!!!

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MrJ
Geek-in-Training
Member # 730

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2008 11:17      Profile for MrJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
42. I know I have trouble comparing some hues, but I wonder how much monitor quality affects this test.

The comparison page is worthless. What's average? Are there clusters around certain scores? Color experts they are; statisticians they are not. How am I supposed to know if I should feel good or bad or cry about missing out on the hues of the universe if I don't know where I fit into my demographic!?

Posts: 35 | From: near Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2008 19:05      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
42. But I'm a virtual color idiot.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2008 20:45      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
15. My eyes started to go buggy toward the end. Well, actually toward the middle and got worse toward the end. I'm sure I'll have visions of sugar plums and fairies dancing in my head tonight since I'm going to bed right away.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture