homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » UGH!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UGH!!!
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2008 15:15      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My XBOX 360 has crapped the bed on me [Frown]

So I sent an email to Hardware support telling them that my Xbox wont turn on. I said:
quote:
Hello, My Xbox won't turn on. When I plug the device in the fan on the internal power supply will spin up but it seems that power is not getting to the rest of the device. Please Advise.
And they wrote me back this looooong email telling me that my email wasn't descriptive enough and they couldn't troubleshoot my problem as such, and began asking me all sorts of questions like, are there any lights, what are the error codes you're getting on your TV, what games are being affected, etc.
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2008 17:57      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just answer their questions as much as possible. From what I've heard, Microsoft have been really good about replacing defective 360s, so I doubt you'll have too much trouble with them.

And no horror stories please! I'm about to get one in time for the GTA:IV release; I don't want to be put off!

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2008 18:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answer all their questions in detailed haiku. They asked for it. They shall receive.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2008 19:48      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Answer all their questions in detailed haiku. They asked for it. They shall receive.

My XBox won't start,
Greeted with a ring of flame,
it said to call you.

[Smile]

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 10, 2008 20:04      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2008 06:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
I'd just answer their questions as much as possible. From what I've heard, Microsoft have been really good about replacing defective 360s, so I doubt you'll have too much trouble with them.

And no horror stories please! I'm about to get one in time for the GTA:IV release; I don't want to be put off!

*blinks*

Put off? It's a Microsoft product. Caveat emptor.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2008 08:42      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:

*blinks*

Put off? It's a Microsoft product. Caveat emptor.

I've found Microsoft to make pretty dependable hardware, particularly in comparison to other companies. However, it's been a few years since I've bought anything from them, so it's always possible the quality has gone down, I suppose.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2008 15:33      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an associate who is a semi-professional Gears of War player (no I kid you not... he has a sponsored 4 man team and they compete in tournaments for real money...)

Anyway be that as it may - he tells me that X-Box 360s have a terrible high fail rate... so high that MS have upped the warranty from 1 year to 3 in certain circumstances... in particular what he called the "ring of fire" i.e. 3 or more red lights around the startup button...

I have nothing but his word to go on here - but as he knows his "onions" on that one I will take his word for it... after all he has nothing to gain by BSing me and apparently at least half of his team have had to replace their X-Boxes once or more...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2008 17:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's usually called the red ring of death.

Ring of fire is your butt after eating Taco Bell.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2008 18:13      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
It's usually called the red ring of death.

Ring of fire is your butt after eating Taco Bell.

Red Ring of Death doesn't have a kigo. Flame is a summer kigo.

And it needs a kigo to be a proper Haiku.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture