homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Mouse without wires

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mouse without wires
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2007 16:07      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a wireless mouse at the store today. So far it has been working just like it should. Somethings that I like about it are that the cord does not get cought on things and some times when I want to lean back in my chair or change positions the cord on the mouse isn't long enough. It would have been long enough but on the iBook G4 the USB ports are on the left and I am right handed. And the adapter that plugs into the USB port has a spot right in the mouse. I think that part is nice.

Now for some questions. Does anyone know about how long the battery lasts in the thing. Mine takes 2 AAA batteries. And also if I wanted to get one for the Mini would they interfer with each other when the computers are used in the same room?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 05, 2007 16:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitro just bought a cordless Mighty Mouse (she loves it) and I was wondering that myself... Google gives me...

"Although Apple offers no official estimate of battery life, the product manager says two batteries should last well over a month with normal usage, thanks to intelligent power management that conserves energy when the mouse is idle."

http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/reviews/btmightymouse/index.php

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2007 20:05      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on the battery as well - you can get the pack of like 20 or the really expensive pack of two batteries. Even though the brand name companies probably are ripping you off a bit they still tend to last longer.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2007 20:22      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacD

Two of them side by side /shouldn't/ cause you any troubles. Or at least in offices where multiple people work wireless peripherals, I have never seen any real trouble like that.

The batteries in my M$ mouse lasts about 1-2 months

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2007 20:46      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a Cordless trackball and I change bi-monthly for the last about two years. This trackball is in the Boss's office which of course is not used very much as he's mostly out goofing off so it might need it more often if you are working/surfing/playing a lot.
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 05:26      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two AA batteries in my wireless Microsoft mouse at home, and they last for months. However, the computer that I use for work has a wired mouse, so I couldn't tell you how long the batteries would last if I used the mouse all day during the work week.
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 13:41      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait - does Bi-monthly mean every other month or twice a month?
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 14:30      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bi monthly is every two months. Semi-monthly is twice a month.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
ŚMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 17:39      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Semisexual means you have four times as much sex as Bisexual?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 17:47      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. It means four times as many sexes as a Bi.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 18:14      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewwwww
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 09:23      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. And here I thought semisexual meant you're attracted to big trucks...

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 09:37      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the band Aerosmith was into that kind of thing.

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 12:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, MightyClub wrote:
Oh. And here I thought semisexual meant you're attracted to big trucks...

At some point while browsing or looking at horrifying links set to me by friends, I did come across a web site that featured a rather hairy, portly man who was doing... -things- with the exhaust pipe of his truck (or maybe it was an SUV... I've blocked part of the memory).

I'm not going to look for a link, though, so you're all spared from everything except your imagination this time.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragon34
Geek
Member # 997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2007 16:32      Profile for dragon34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rechargeable NIMH batteries and a 15 minute charger. Better for the environment and will definitely save money in the long run. I think Rayovac makes them.
Posts: 146 | From: Central PA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

ę 2015 Geek Culture