homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » I, for one, welcome our huge wind-powered walking overlords.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I, for one, welcome our huge wind-powered walking overlords.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 31, 2006 09:28      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having fun on the beach!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Ny5BYc-Fs

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 11:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was cool!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 12:36      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhm.. how do you stop those things once they start crawling? [Confused] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 01, 2006 09:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another species!

http://www.strandbeest.com/animaris%20rhinoceros%20transport_en.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 13:05      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wind-powered walking frame-thing is an amazing piece of design. So how come BMW cars have gone so freakin' ugly??? [Confused]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 17:12            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm, the rhinosceros one reminds me of an AT-AT ... :> That or a very large crab.

Curious, although I wonder how you're meant to steer one. The whole wind-powered idea is cool 'n all but I can't be the only one who feels that it would be a lot better if that armour-plated-looking contraption had a diesel engine inside it (oh, or, say, a microfusion reactor), lots of guns and, for great justice, a degree of dimensional transcendentality.

IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 10:55      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be a bad ass machine.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture