homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Night Vision Goggles! HUNT MAILMAN!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night Vision Goggles! HUNT MAILMAN!
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 11:58      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:31&item=7218536177

This is an auction I just put up for a pair of NVG.
It was written to amuse.
And to sell a pair of night vision goggles.

You know you want to be a ninja.
You are just a few clicks away from Real Ultimate Power.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99
www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 12:02      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, very cool! [Applause]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 12:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, that is the funniest thing I've read all day, and I've needed a good laugh.

Thanks. That's awesome.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
JB
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 13:25      Profile for JB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mailman doesn't come around at night. I guess I can't use them. Good luck anyway selling them.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 14:26      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spam -

That is the best eBay spiel I have read so far. If I was a perv, I would buy those goggles [Big Grin]
Well done [Applause]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 14:30      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was one of the funniest posts I have seen on e-bay. You should get a buyer just for effort. [Big Grin]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 18:35      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diopters are great!

*rotflmao*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 16, 2006 06:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may know that judge, so I'm not bidding. Great listing though.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 20:19      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, why haven't I gotten my tax returns yet??!

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 00:12      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 5 watchers, and 133 different views, so it's all goign according to plan.
All I want to do is sell them

Sell them and be REDICULOUS. Being rediculous is important.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 00:30      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The spiel is very funny. Very funny indeed. You should mention how useful it could be for teenage boys to help them sneak into their girlfriends houses without being detected.

But mate, which poor wookiee did you kill to make that jacket in your profile pic? [Big Grin]

Something else for you to sell: geniune wookiee fur coat [evil]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 00:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I understand correctly that you bought these goggles a month ago and now you're selling them?

And yes, quite crazy coat! It looks too warm for the sunshine.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2006 05:43      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read it again, and it's still cool! Seriously, that's awesome. [Applause]

I'm not sure whether it would attract me to or repel me from the "Place bid" button, though. At least you have some nice feedback.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 14:02      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I purchased these goggles a month ago.
The original seller didn't say they had a broken IR illuminator.
So you can imagine my disappointment.

They are assholes, and refuse to allow me to return the item. Rather than deal with the whole ebay fraud thing, I'm hoping to sell them for what I paid.

This time with an Honest Ad.

The Trench coat that my friend is wearing is my first attempt at a stylish Ghillie. Came out well, all things considered. It's looking awfully ragged, but that's becasue it's seen a lot of airsoft battles.
It took me a few weeks at a couple of hours/ day.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture