homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » Thanks for the commentary!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks for the commentary!
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 11, 2005 13:21      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to give a hearty THANKS (and a virtual bouquet) to Digital Bill, MacMerc, Snaggy, Nitrozac, and Leo for posting the running commentary of Steve Jobs' keynote today on IRC. Your fingers may be sore, but 1000 Mac fans are grateful you were there to keep us informed.

-

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2005 14:24      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Cool! Thanks SuperFlippy! Love the bouquet...*sniff*....mmm... smells wonderful! [Big Grin]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 11, 2005 14:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks SuperFlippy!

Yes RickMacMerc and DB did an awesome job organizing and putting this together. [thumbsup]

Heh, my prediction was 50 or so people would in the IRC channel... that was blown out of the water! (of course, when I made that prediction, I assumed Apple would be having a live feed.) [Geek]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 11, 2005 14:37      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed it! [cry baby]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 11:30      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
I just wanted to give a hearty THANKS (and a virtual bouquet) to Digital Bill, MacMerc, Snaggy, Nitrozac, and Leo for posting the running commentary of Steve Jobs' keynote today on IRC. Your fingers may be sore, but 1000 Mac fans are grateful you were there to keep us informed.

You're most welcome, Super Flippy! It was a lot of fun! (well except for the attack of the bots on #macmerc... [Wink] )

At the risk of a shameless plug, the fun continues all week with the Wizards of Technology podcasts, over at http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/, where the latest show has interviews with Chris Breen, Andy Ihnatko, and TechTV's Laura Burstein! Still to come, Leo Laporte, August Trometer, David Pogue, Wil Wheaton, and much more!

=DB

...have microphone, will travel..

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 11:47      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, SuperFlippy!

My thanks go out to Nitrozac & Snaggy, DigitalBill, Leo Laporte (the fasted thumb typist anywhere), Jon Gales (who kept MacMerc.com updated with all the announcements while the rest of us were enjoying the chat) and everyone who came out to chat (except the bots--no thanks for them).

It was a crazy [crazy] bit of fun and I'm looking forward to the next keynote.

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture