homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Hardware, Robots, AI, Geek Toys!   » iPod Tubes Rock!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iPod Tubes Rock!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 14, 2004 17:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm nice... tube-based audio amplifier combined with full range speakers to play the music on your iPod?

http://www.goldster-audio.com/concertino/product.en.html

-

-

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 17:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it come with a belt-clip ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 18:54      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tubes Rock!!

That reminds me I read someplace that we may be getting a new AY2K

Anyone one else hear anything?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2004 05:49      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-----Now we are talking real audio, transistors and ditital just can not reproduce piano and pipe organs as well as tubes. I do like that they are using class A biasing on the finals you get a much cleaner sound with no crossover distortion, just that class A is so limited in its output power. Every thing in life is a trade off.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGottaMac
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3151

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 01:59      Profile for iGottaMac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For I am not as geeky as thou, but what exactly are tubes? *Hides in embarresment*

--------------------
Visit Small Apple and help support a growing Mac community!

Posts: 15 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 03:41      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGottaMac:
For I am not as geeky as thou, but what exactly are tubes? *Hides in embarresment*

Vacume tubes made computers then they switched to solid state transisters. Then the Sys Admin died ....... or did she?

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 04:41      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still remember waiting for those things to warm up, so I could listen to our stereo. No I am not an old guy, just grew up poor.

MoMan is right. I especially love true tube guitar amplifiers. And old Fender combo amp from the 60's has the best tone in the world.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 05:47      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Then the Sys Admin died ....... or did she?

Of course She did not, just you wait and see. [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 06:13      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
quote:

Of course She did not, just you wait and see. [Wink]
I think she is still alive, and is teaming up with Martha Stewart and they are going to turn to good and at the last second come and save the geeks from the Prarie Dogs with their pack of Black footed Ferret's

--------------------

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 07:27      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
quote:

Of course She did not, just you wait and see. [Wink]
I think she is still alive, and is teaming up with Martha Stewart and they are going to turn to good and at the last second come and save the geeks from the Prairie Dogs with their pack of Black footed Ferret's
Sounds good to me, so hurry up Nitrozac and Snaggy, when is the next AY2K? [Roll Eyes]

Actually, this sounds just like an AY2K plotline. [Eek!]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2004 07:40      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I just need to point out one of my mistakes. It's not a "Pack" of Ferrets it's a business of ferrets.

Sorry for any confusion about this.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture