homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Math-a-holics and Code Junkies   » An analysis of the Red-Shirt Phenomenon in Star Trek.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An analysis of the Red-Shirt Phenomenon in Star Trek.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 02, 2007 14:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice!

http://www.clicktracks.com/insidetrack/articles/kirk_analytics.php?source=nws072007

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2007 20:51      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lot of analysis, but it basically confirms the anecdotal evidence. Red shirts die when they beam down and everyone is better off it Kirk gets laid.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2007 22:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all the same, but when a side is actually titled 'clicktracks.com,' I think it's a link I'll pass on. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 03, 2007 06:24      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years ago, I ran a teen program at the library. The kids made ST videos and we had a contest. My only rule was that ensigns in red shirts must die. I got a call from the paper asking why, when we sent out the press release announcing the contest. LOL

Must admit it was a lot of work, but a really fun program. I got autographs from a bunch of more elusive stars because it was a teen library program, so the kids were over the moon.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2007 02:23      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered why I felt slightly nervous when wearing red. Indeed, I have only two items of that colour in my wardrobe (both given as gifts) and I do tend to wear them only as a last resort...

Of course the other way for crewmen to survive, is to always have a change of clothes with them, so that whenever a perilous situation arises, they can quickly whip into a nice blue, or yellow ensemble - thus increasing their chances of survival. [Big Grin]

Posts: 11 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture