homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Math-a-holics and Code Junkies   » Fingers crossed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingers crossed
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 20:03      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've applied to the N.C. School of Science and Mathematics and today I got to tour the campus, talk with the students, and ask questions of staff and whatnot. Also took a math and writing placement test. I really hope I get accepted. NCSSM is the premier high school in North Carolina, and not only that, but graduates receive a tuition waiver for all North Carolina system colleges.

I'm growing tired of my classes at my current back-country high school. Competent teachers would really be a nice change, as would working equipment. Also, if I stay at my current high school, I'll have taken every math class they offer by the end of eleventh grade.

I hope I get in, and I feel fairly confident I will. Selection is based on congressional district, and I'm in one of the less competitive districts. I'm number one in my school, 1330 SAT (700 m ; 630 v), 4.5-ish GPA, almost an Eagle Scout, and I play tennis. But just looking at all those snazy people in polos and boat shoes made me a lil queezy. I felt so out of place in my caffeine hoody. [Geek] [ohwell]

Wish me luck and sacrIfice a few virgins for me, please.

edit: I can't spell

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 20:15      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sacrificial virgins are being cleansed as I type in anticipation of the ritual... [Razz]

Good luck, and I can relate to the backwoods educational institutions. [Wink]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 04:45      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to you! I hope you get in! [thumbsup]

I sacrificed a virgin about a week ago, will that do? [Razz]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 09:07      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:

It'll do. Thanks y'all, acceptence/rejectal letters go out on April 8th. I can't wait. Well, for the former anyways.
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 12:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Good luck to you! I hope you get in! [thumbsup]

Pictures !!!!!
</WWCVD>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 05:29      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<shields up to full power>
I find that, with so many of them, they may be a virgin, but it would hardly be considered a sacrafice
... waits for incoming missle fire

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture