homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Suggestion Box!   » a friend in numbers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a friend in numbers
fly
Geek Larva
Member # 4888

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 10, 2006 13:08      Profile for fly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arithmytic is a freind. Also it helps us to keep track of females.

--------------------
life is the art of dying.

Posts: 22 | From: palominas, az | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 14:40      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[ohwell]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 15:26      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about you stop posting stupid shit! [Mad]

*leaves room and slams door

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 15:40      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fly:
Arithmytic is a freind. Also it helps us to keep track of females.

I can only think of a few ways numbers help you keep track of females:

-their physical measurements for when you're fitting their coffins (too bad the only way you can have a woman is when she's dead)
-the number who have turned you down for dates
-the large margin between their phenomenal IQs and your lower, pathetic one

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 17:30      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pfft. Calculus helps you keep track of women. How else would you find the area under the curve?

/me ducks

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 17:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
pfft. Calculus helps you keep track of women. How else would you find the area under the curve?

/me ducks

Measuring tape.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 19:12      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is more pathetic than the person I tutored yesterday who couldn't add -1 and 45 without a calculator.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 21:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
This is more pathetic than the person I tutored yesterday who couldn't add -1 and 45 without a calculator.

Egads...that takes me back to some time spent in high school tutoring. I remember a girl who needed a calculator to do something like 1 minus -2. It's not terribly hard...just apply yourself!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 11:37      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a calculator to figure out things like 156737/385175 to six decimal places (when I can't be arsed to work it out by hand and probably will make a mistake doing so) or figuring out things like ln(5.8) or the exact value of cos(73). If you use a calculator when you should be using algebra, you'll do stupid things like put 1.57 down as an answer when the real answer should be pi/2.

I didn't have any math left to take this year. I kind of miss it. [weep]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture