homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Oh Crap it has started

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh Crap it has started
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 13:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Crap it has started, shot because they were members of the GOP caucus.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 23:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on a second. People shoot people in this country for all sorts of reasons. A friend of mine was pretty freaked out about a shooting that also happened today by the Barclay Center. I pointed out that the guy was shot in the leg - not likely to be terror. I was too nice to say 'this happens in Brooklyn.' At the same time, that's very much NOT OK. None of this is OK. Everyone focuses on the random scary stuff and tunes out the everyday stuff that's also pretty awful. (Not least of which are automobile-related deaths.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 23:13      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mass shootings happen because we allow it to be too easy for the mentally ill to have guns.

Sandy Hook, Comet Ping Pong, The Orlando nightclub, (I'm sure there are more) and now this. People of any sort can be victims of some deranged person's anger. Perhaps, now that someone went after a congressman, our spineless representatives in Washington will stand up to the NRA and propose sane gun purchase laws. If they only do it because of their craven cowardice, it would still be a victory for citizens over big business.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2017 09:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QF and Dman, You both make good points. I live in a fly over state called that by the National news outlets, what do you really know about the Flint Water Crisis? The abject poverty that took over the city, when GM decided to abandon the city that made them rich.

Michigan has many private Militias that drill and practice in the woods have you heard about Hutarre?
I did not think so, these people are frighting.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2017 13:04      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up dating on a prior post Flint Mich, has had an terrorist attack, failed in being a large one but still an attack

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture