homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Another one bites the (lunar) dust.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another one bites the (lunar) dust.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 06, 2016 15:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edgar Mitchell, 6th man on the moon, dies aged 85
There are now only 7 living humans who've walked on the moon.
We're running out, we need to make more of them.

-
Astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell, Apollo 14 lunar module pilot, photographed by astronaut Alan B. Shepard Jr., mission commander.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 11, 2016 14:39      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wasn't the moon, those images were shot on a stage at Area 51. I mean, look at the shadows, they're all wrong!

[crazy]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2016 15:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say What? Look again The first shadow of a human shows him from behind He is the one taking the picture with an old style top view finder style camera. That causes the vanishing point to be low to the surface, sort of like at sun up or sunset. The sun is huge not like a single point of light or flashbulb. Notice that Mitchell's shadow is behind him almost obscured be his own body, as it should be, go out at first light and look at your own shadows, they will tell you.

petapixel

These pictures were taken with the camera at belt buckle height not at eyeball level.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2016 22:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem* Please note the winking icon. MMKK (hey!) is making a stupid joke. (Well, I really hope he is...otherwise, he's probably voting for that-schmuck-from-my-state-who-shall-not-be-named.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2016 00:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
That wasn't the moon, those images were shot on a stage at Area 51. I mean, look at the shadows, they're all wrong!

[crazy]

Ok, I know you're joking, but...

A tinfoil-hat wearing former workmate once spent about 15 minutes going through a moon picture, pointing out to me all the things that were 'wrong'.

My favourite: the crosshairs.

He claimed there was something wrong with the one of the crosshairs, it was in the wrong place, or missing or something, I disremember the details. He actually seemed to think the moon landing fakers had run around on the set painting little crosses on rocks, and they'd got one wrong.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 12, 2016 01:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave....

Look at the flag... THERE'S NO WIND ON THE MOON!!!!!!!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture