homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » We Need the Wizard of OZ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We Need the Wizard of OZ
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2012 09:54      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD, I heard that there are range fires in your corner of the world?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2012 15:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I've heard of, it's a bit early in the season for them, the trees haven't had time to dry out properly yet. (Jan - March is the worst)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2012 05:48      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google News

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2012 20:22      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that Melbourne & Sydney don't care much for each other. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2012 00:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that Melbourne & Sydney don't care much for each other. [Razz]

It's a one-sided thing, you often hear Sydneysiders going on about what a shithole Melbourne is, we Melbournians just smile smugly and enjoy our vastly superior coffee, culture, and the many other benefits that go with being in 'The Worlds Most Livable City'.

btw - the google report may have been datelined 'Sydney' but it was about fires in Adelaide.
I was kind of off the grid on Sunday/Monday, so I missed the reports. A mere 7 houses being burned isn't a major 'fire' story here, so it would have dropped from the headlines by Tuesday.

btw2 - Adelaide locals call it 'The City Of Churches' - the rest of Australia call it 'the serial killer capital of Australia'. Really, they're about 5% of the aussie population, but if you read about someone breaking into an aussie zoo and raping and murdering the crocodiles, (that really happened!) there's about a 50% chance it's in Adelaide.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2012 05:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now on to more important things, did you see the solar eclipse?

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2012 16:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Now on to more important things, did you see the solar eclipse?

Yes.

It was a partial here, 52%, but we had clear skies and the early morning sun was just high enough to be clear of the tall buildings down the street.

I set up the telescope in the back yard, projecting onto a sheet of cardboard.

The elder druidling is far too cool to enjoy doing anything with her parents, but druidling V2.0f really enjoyed it, and gave me a nice thankyou hug afterwards. We're already planning the father/daughter trip to the Sydney eclipse of 2028.

I'll post pictures when I can get 5 minutes on the iPhoto computer (which is also the druidlings Minecraft computer)

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2012 19:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEWL

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2012 05:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 'roadie' setting up...
 -

The projected image...
 -

Trees acted as a natural pinhole camera, casting crescent shaped shadows on the bathroom wall
 -

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2012 23:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That last pic is so amazing! I love it!!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture